When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cycle King is Dead...Long Live the Cycle King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

crazyhawk

Riding an Americolor Shelby
I picked up this crusty Monark Cycle King (the coolest manly-man name for a bike in my opinion) at the fall Grand Rapids Swap last month. I thought it looked cool but a little too rusty. So I decided to just do a light clean-up on it and make it a fun rider. It'll never be a valuable show stopper but it has nice honest aging that I love. It's not a dramatic change, and I didn't spend much time or money on it, but like the results. It got a very light Oxalic Acid bath followed by silver spray paint removal from everywhere. Then grease, re-assembly, and finally, a RIDE! It rides great. Take a look....

I picked up this crusty Monark Cycle King (the coolest manly-man name for a bike in my opinion) at the fall Grand Rapids Swap last month. I thought it looked cool but a little too rusty. So I decided to just do a light clean-up on it and make it a fun rider. It'll never be a valuable show stopper but it has nice honest aging that I love. It's not a dramatic change, and I didn't spend much time or money on it, but like the results. It got a very light Oxalic Acid bath followed by silver spray paint removal from everywhere. Then grease, re-assembly, and finally, a RIDE! It rides great. Take a look....View attachment 1093026

View attachment 1093027

View attachment 1093028

View attachment 1093029

View attachment 1093030

View attachment 1093031
Nice !!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'd say it's a pretty dramatic change...for the better for sure. Who would have thought that green paint was under all that rust Not this guy :). Nice job!

Wow. That cleaned up very nice. Especially the rack. And i thought it was more of a blueish color. o_O good that you painted the light to match.

Back