When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the CYCLONE COASTER - 2019 - SHELBY INVASION ride - Sunday - July 7th 2019 - Rain or Shine

-

cyclonecoaster.com

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
1938 Shelby Wheat & Red Airflo 12.jpg

THE 2019 SHELBY INVASION RIDE
@ the
CYCLONE COASTER Sunday vintage bicycle ride

SUNDAY
July 7th 2019

RAIN or SHINE

Meet & Greet @ PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE around 9:30 am
Ride STARTS @ 10:30 am SHARP
If you're late - the ride leaves without you !!!

The SHELBY INVASION was actually the first themed CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride & it's held EVERY JULY - SINCE 2013 - The idea on the themed rides is to inspire people to get that back burner bicycle - for this month, a SHELBY built bicycle - tuned up & on the road once again - RIDDEN not HIDDEN - OR - to simply bring your favorite Shelby bicycle out for others to enjoy as much as you do - WHAT - you say you don't own a Shelby bicycle - NO PROBLEM - get out & join the fun on YOUR FAVORITE brand bicycle
The first SHELBY INVASION was held in 2013 was fun with Slick - founder of the Rolling Relics in Northern California - wanting to show up the Huffman crowd with some SHELBY numbers - Slick & I were joking around when we came up with the SHELBY INVASION idea - with the "SHELBY INVASION" as the catch line phrase for this 1st themed vintage bicycle brand ride @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday vintage bicycle ride - Well with great response & feedback from other SHELBY bicycle owners that attended the CYCLONE COASTER ride & the fun we had hosting it - CYCLONE COASTER decided to do a SHELBY INVASION annual migration EVERY JULY @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - So bring out the killer SHELBY bicycles to ride & for all to see - RIDDEN not HIDDEN
I always look forward to the SHELBY INVASION ride EVERY YEAR in JULY simply for the reason you'll never know what Shelby Bicycles are going to show up to this annual Shelby migration - Many different Shelby bicycles have made it out over the years to this ride with the CYCLONE COASTER family - Some Shelby bicycles have not been seen or ridden in many years - I know I have brought out a few over the years myself & there is no better feeling to me then to ride one of these machines for the first time since little Johnny put it away in the shed or barn decades ago - but now with this annual migration - many of these bicycles have been meticulously resurrected from years of storage in a old barn - attic or garage - with new tires - tubes - greased bearings - recovered seats & hours upon hours of new found love to be back on the road o- path or local bicycle getting all the attention from others who appreciate their beauty as they are ridden again - That's what these themed rides are all about to me & many others - Bring back a bicycle that has been forgotten back to being ridden once again - Last SHELBY INVASION ride in July 2nd 2018 had 31 Shelby brand bicycles with 186 riders total @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride

With that being said - Themed rides are open to any brand bicycle - BUT if you have a Shelby brand bicycle - BRING IT - RIDE IT @ the 2019 SHELBY INVASION where many never before seen in the wild SHELBY bicycles will be RIDDEN not HIDDEN @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride this year - I look forward to seeing some old Shelby & new resurrected Shelby brand bicycles @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride which never seems to disappoint & hope everyone else will do the same with their vintage bicycles

Ride SHELBY - RIDDEN not HIDDEN - Frank

Shelby Invasion (5) WEB.jpg

4-4-10 3 Shelby Rack 2.jpg

4-4-10 1938 Shelby Airflo & Ford Hotrod.jpg

ShelbyInvasionWEB00.jpg

1938 Shelby Crusty Banana Tank 1.jpg

Slick Shelby & the 38 Flyer - final - Poster.jpg

1949 Shelby BLUE  A Side.JPG

Shelby Invasion ride tail ends 1.jpg

2018 Cyclone Coaster Shelby Invasion ride - 8.jpg

Last edited:
Where is a good, safe place to park?

There is plenty of parking on the street & in the neighborhoods surrounding our meet & greet spot PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE - It's as safe as any neighborhood - No issues I know of since we started the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday vintage bicycle rides in 2006 - even @ the largest ride we had with 286 riders ... Some people even park near Shoreline Village in the morning & ride back to PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE before the ride starts ... You're on a bicycle so parking is plentiful ... For more details & directions go to our website www.cyclonecoaster.com ... Ridden not Hidden ... Frank

Last edited:
There is plenty of parking on the street & in the neighborhoods surrounding our meet & greet spot PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE - It's as safe as any neighborhood - No issues I know of since we started the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday vintage bicycle rides in 2006 - even @ the largest ride we had with 286 riders ... Some people even park near Shoreline Village in the morning & ride back to PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE before the ride starts ... You're on a bicycle so parking is plentiful ... For more details & directions go to our website www.cyclonecoaster.com ... Ridden not Hidden ... Frank

Thanks Frank, see you there....................

Back