When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Daniel Sheffer & Son Collection of John Alexander / Rocket Bikes and Scooters šŸ’œšŸ’œ

-

39Rocket

Sheffer & Son Rocket Bikes
I wanted to make a post just about our collection.
I first learned about the Alexander Rocket bikes in 2013 or 2014. I really wished I could find one to buy. I pretty much gave up on ever finding one for sale.
But this year the bike gods smiled upon us! As most of you know I decided to sell off my other bikes to focus solely on these odd little bikes from Paris Texas.
We recently added our 5th boys Rocket, 2nd girls, and 7th scooter. In addition to extra forks, and many other items from Alexanderā€™s shop.
Iā€™m truly fortunate and humbled to be the caregiver of these curious machines.
Iā€™m still looking for more. Not to hoard but to reunite and allow them to be compared side by side. One day these will be on public display!
But for now please enjoy the photos (not the best at this time but one day Iā€™ll take better pictures)
Thank you for taking the time to read this and look at the pictures.
Enjoy šŸ˜Š
C167EAA5-A433-4D0E-9225-5D67906AA5BB.jpeg

DD33699D-045A-4B94-B152-6097EA9A17E9.jpeg

4D8ACDD0-E73C-4529-9B84-E2A29AC37C18.jpeg

7CF7B8DB-8DCB-493A-A39A-8EC5F8BA1C74.jpeg

511C79F7-AB7A-4FF1-B4A5-7B24727E9205.jpeg

1E2E14C5-702E-4DA7-B655-5B3557BD1432.jpeg

C148437C-B90C-46A5-A788-280C8234C0F0.jpeg

C0D0D2E9-C406-4A46-80BD-D4FDB3F1E55F.jpeg

Handsome man! šŸ¤˜šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤˜
I got a van load of Alexander items at the Memory lane show!
Catfish wanted my picture lol
Great day
Hello,

There were at least two different motorized versions of Alexander Rockets. I had one of these and another many years ago.

Also there was once a quantity of these Alexander Rocket bicycles at a shop in Kansas. I still have photos of some of them taken in the 1970s. But that was several decades ago and I am certain that the shop no longer exists.

Leon Dixon
National Bicycle History Archive of America
NBHAA.com

Last edited:
Canā€™t wait to see a scooter or two back on the road! Awesome collection Dan!

Thank you Brant! Iā€™m working with some local friends to help get one, then another on the road. Eventually all of them. Itā€™ll be amazing to cruise around on these historic scooters. Iā€™m thinking they will ride amazing like the bikes do.
Iā€™ve collected almost everything people collect but these Alexander machines have captured my interest more than anything else.
A single bike or scooter is interesting to contemplate. But studying them side by side, noting the differences as Alexander tweaked and changed things from one to another is amazing and so interesting! They need to be together to tell the story and evolution of them!
Iā€™m excited and passionate about these!

Back