When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The dark side

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The reason dem old bikes (or parts)

Ride dem oldies!!!! ya hoo!

is rideable now- cause they were NOT ridden for many many years- the ones that were have mostly been scrapped...you are taking them out of the time capsule and starting the wear and tear from where it was left off... they have only one way to go...down hill... do not improve with use or age.

Teens - twenty's

Many of the Early Bikes Have much Taller Frames and with less rubber on the pavement roll much better. When your 6' 3 most balloon Bikes are to small and heavy. Lube them up and go.

NEVER saw an og seat/grips/pedals/tires

I don't see a problem if properly serviced/maintained and used with care.

that were riden alot and did not deteriorate.

Hubs- talking about running hot- not everyone is a bike mechanic and knows how to service hubs like rustjunkie- STILL they are wearing...ND D plenty of them for the next 50 years- corbin 10 more around not working with no parts available than there are working- within a few years- even less...

Last edited:
Just wanna set you mind at ease Paul. This bike was purchased as a frame,fork,bars(With OG cork grips,so put away),seatpost,etc. No wheelset. The front & rear hubs did come from laced wheels, but everything was stored away so it can be a complete wheel again. This bike is only ridden locally once in a while except for the 2x I rode it to work(10miles each way). I know the rarity of that Corbin, so after servicing it, I do not plan to put many miles on it. Tires,rims & spokes are all new parts to get this back on the road. I have personally passed on several really nice orig bikes because I felt they were best left alone & untouched. If I can't get it rideable without causing irreversible damage to it, I won't buy it. To me sitting in someones basement,attic or shed is like caging a wild animal. It should be rolling and enjoyed by all who ride and admire it. I know many others here are completely content with massing a wonderful collection of "time capsules", and that is just fine. How else will we know what they were like originally?

If I ever need to move that Corbin down the road, you have 1st dibs Paul;)

Like slamming xanax!

Just wanna set you mind at ease Paul. This bike was purchased as a frame,fork,bars(With OG cork grips,so put away),seatpost,etc. No wheelset. The front & rear hubs did come from laced wheels, but everything was stored away so it can be a complete wheel again. This bike is only ridden locally once in a while except for the 2x I rode it to work(10miles each way). I know the rarity of that Corbin, so after servicing it, I do not plan to put many miles on it. Tires,rims & spokes are all new parts to get this back on the road. I have personally passed on several really nice orig bikes because I felt they were best left alone & untouched. If I can't get it rideable without causing irreversible damage to it, I won't buy it. To me sitting in someones basement,attic or shed is like caging a wild animal. It should be rolling and enjoyed by all who ride and admire it. I know many others here are completely content with massing a wonderful collection of "time capsules", and that is just fine. How else will we know what they were like originally?

If I ever need to move that Corbin down the road, you have 1st dibs Paul;)

Thanks!

"never saw an og seat' that was riden alot and did not deteriorate.

Hubs- talking about running hot- not everyone is a bike mechanic and knows how to service hubs like rustjunkie- STILL they are wearing...

Thank you, but I've said it before: what I don't know you could just barely squeeze into Dodger Stadium.
Agreed: everything wears out. I don't ride old seats or tires, but in the balance I feel comfortable riding old hubs etc that have a lower wear rate.

Back