When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The deed is done!

-
Thanks for your words of wisdom , they are so true. I'm 10 years behind you but having lost a number of friends to cancer age related issues in the last few months I know every day is another chance for do something productive, make someone laugh, get outside and enjoy the air. So great that you're parts supply will be helping others, it's a good feeling.

All the best to you and family.

I like that, what may be one of your last posts, is in the wrong spot. We will all be where you are now. I have fall-back-hobbies for when I can't walk in twenty years from now. I hope that you can do the same and remain active. This is a great post.

My health continues going down hill (NO sympathies please......others are much worse off than me). Recently diagnosed with some type of heart arrhythmia and I told my doc I wouldn't be surprised If next time he detected leprosy or the plague :eek: to go along with my spinal stenosis, sciatica, triple hernias, low blood pressure caused postural hypo tension. hip replacement, broken leg, 3 bouts of phenomena, basal skin cell cancer, and last but not least Parkinson's. :grinning:

I still visit CABE almost every day but have been pursuing my hobbies of model train collecting and eating ice cream. Now my house is filled with trains! I never do anything half way which is why I have so many health issues. .......why have just one when you have 5 or 10?

Plan on hitting the local rail trail sometime this summer to see of I can still remain upright! Used to ride mainly on the street but I don't trust myself any more and figure a fall on the ground is easier than falling on macadam.

Moral of all this bullship is ride as much as you can while you can cause the day will come when you can't.

Hey, I grew up in the house filled with model trains, antique toys and riding live steam trains through orchards and backyards. Can't go wrong living with trains! The 60s and 70s were great years for those hobbies. Today out on hike we were lucky to run into a Horseless Carriage club out for a rally, all pre 1915 cars. Wish I was along for that ride. They put a smile on everyones face and thats what a hobby is all about.

Back