When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The differences between 1937 and 1938 Fleetwoods

-
Ok, I started a post exclusively for Huffman serial numbers in the Bicycle restoration tips forum.I already posted the numbers from this post. please don't put any more numbers here or I may not see them. oh and by the way Jamie your 1937 has a later number than kellys 1940 Belknap:confused:
Scott:cool:

Last edited:
Do you here sumthing POPIN'

It is my brain I am CORN FUSED!!! :o

Sorry but my money is on the Morrow Hub Buuuddy ;)

My other frame???

Hey Scott, Did you see my pics of my frame it looks like a 42-48 I read your info in the other post about your 44 Let Me Know I want to make another War Bike you should post the number as well the badge holes are on the sides of the head tube I think it is Black and White. :)

Jamie

did you see the post I did a long time ago on my 1944? I need to get newer photos. I actually have 2 of them one girls and one boys. the boys is red and the girls is blue. both balloon tires. I also have a bunch of American Bicyclists from 1942-1945. they have an add from Cleveland Welding saying they weren't making bikes but would resume after the war.

Last edited:
But did you see my Huffman frame....

Yes, your post was what I was Talking about I was dating my Huffman FRAME from that LOOK AT THE PICS!!!

I was talking about using my frame in the list!

Is it 42-48?

I have seen the am bicyclist mag but have YOU ever seen a Roadmaster Cycle Truck???

Jamie

Last edited:
Ok, I looked at the other frame and am not sure what to think of it. it has the curved rear fender brace and seat post binder however the clamp is different. the serial has no letters at all and the amount of numbers don't fit it easily into the chart. it looks in the photo like a Huffman made frame but it is hard to say for sure from a photo. are you sure it is. sometimes they look the same. didn't you mention that it had the head badge holes going across instead of vertically? every Huffman I've ever seen is the same on the head badges except the very early ones which take the "bottle cap" style, and the later Huffy's. can you see if the second number is clearer than in the photo it is hard to tell what it is.

Last edited:
Weird...

Yeah, I think it is... I will check carefully for badge holes and the number is all that is on there looks like a part of a letter maybe they were drinkin that day!

Can you send me a close up of your cool 44? seat clamp?

Thanks again for the help!!!

Jamie :)

Back