When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The end of the Line

-
It's nice when you drive down a side street you've never been down before and spot an old bike. The end of the line for an Evans-Colson that's had it's last ride. Nice yard art.It reminds me of an old steam locomotive parked on a siding, waiting for the cutting torch. I think I would have spray painted it red, instead of pinky-grey. I took this picture about an hour ago.View attachment 1028416
Yeah. What a shame. Such cool old bikes get parked as yard art. Should be a girls bike instead. Razin.

AMF. Probably a late '50's Skyrider. I've heard that with the old steamers the boiler was the critical item. On the Mississippi steamboats they would build new boilers for every new boat, but the engines were often re-used several times. Engines and running gear can be re-built, but building a new boiler from scratch would likely be cost prohibitive for most people. As Jay Leno said "In the old days labor was cheap and technology was expensive. Now technology is cheap and labor is expensive."
One of my buddies from milwaukee owned Becker Boiler Re builders and we talked at length the pro and cons of boiler rebuilding. Guys with the old steam traction engines would come to get their's refurbished and certified because new boilers are twice the price of a rebuild. Even rusty old scarp can be brought back to life Talk to some of the old timers and they will tell you some stories about old boiler failures. Boil on this summer. Razin

I really dont get the monochrome bike in the yard thing? I guess old bikes look best to me in working,nice used condition. Actually just working condition.
I went to the Iola car show and swap meet yesterday and found a 24" J.C. Higgins bike with flat tires and a bent front rim that wave at you as you were riding. I tryed to talk him down 5 bucks but wouldn't budge. So i paid him 35 for the bike and he threw in a cool old brass sqeeze bulb horn. Good deal. The bike barley rides. Ride On. Razin. P.S. Saved this one from the yard art bunch. Take that GARDEN PARTIES!!!

It's nice when you drive down a side street you've never been down before and spot an old bike. The end of the line for an Evans-Colson that's had it's last ride. Nice yard art.It reminds me of an old steam locomotive parked on a siding, waiting for the cutting torch. I think I would have spray painted it red, instead of pinky-grey. I took this picture about an hour ago.View attachment 1028416
Looks to me like a Roadmaster of some sorts. I could be wrong. Ride on, Not cabled to a fence yard art. Razin.

This was the end of the line for this old lady.I was going down a street trying to get to a main street and I saw a guy putting this next to the curb with his garbage cans ! I asked if he was throwing it away and he said it was his mother in laws and didnt want it.I took it and cleaned and polished it...View attachment 1028604

Man O" Man. Some guys have all the luck. Can i borrow that horse shoe of yours? Is the bike for sale? It would the really nice with my green hornet bike. Thanks. Ride on. Razin.

Back