When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I’m starting this thread to document something you guys will either love or hate but its happening. In this thread you will find the rebirth of what has to be the worst Cycle Truck every revived (that I know of). This bike was part of a group of bikes I rescued that sat in huge piles for MANY years and are some of the rustiest bikes I’ve ever owned, and guess what….I’m going to save every single one cause I love what I do and I’m crazy.
The bottom 6-8 inches as well as most of the rear stays and drops are toast, like BEYOND toasted, as well as the bottom few inches of the fork. The metal has begun to blossom into layers like old wood and the serial number is long gone. By all original owner accounts, the straight down tube, forward facing drop outs and the fact that this bike was always skip tooth (despite having the wrong ring now), it is believed this bike was built between 51-54 and is an S2 large basket model, before the half-pitch, curve lower bar change. I will be using a 55-59 chain guard on it though since its what I have available in my parts pile…

I have a 55 Schwinn Starlet frame/fork in my collection that is a perfect match for the rotten parts and I will be grafting that rear frame to this one to save it as well as changing the kickstand mount to a fender mount. Also the bottom part of the fork and drop stand holes will be fixed as well. I’m a competent welder/fabricator so this wont be a huge stretch to some vehicles I’ve worked on. I should also note that this bike will be put back to mostly correct as well as recreating the cut off basket ears and making new basket brackets to match the originals.

Bringing bikes like this back to life is something I live for and this one will live again very soon…..updates coming this weekend!

Enjoy the circus!

90887348-9F83-4D23-9564-72D1B79C9FC0.jpeg

0693CCFF-EB0F-44F3-817F-FECC097EE95B.jpeg

C4B9E9A4-33B4-46F4-B33A-0C7D0A6022BC.jpeg

6CEE4EAE-9581-4278-844F-F4547E9FB1D9.jpeg

D02FFFE2-1900-4E1C-A966-606B629DCFD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, if anyone has a Cycle Truck front fender I can trade towards or what-not, let me know cause its the one thing I dont want to recreate.

If the pics above didnt correctly show the carnage im removing, this pic will.
I will not be removing or fixing the pits on the rest of the frame or restoring/painting it. The blood will stay on the blade so-to-speak, and I want the story of this bike to never be hidden.

View attachment 1303828
Hola stay safe! I was watching your photos,just notice if your CT frame it's 1951@52 whit the lower tube straight! Try save because the lady frame its curve in that tube! If do you choose cut the rear area,try from the top, where's weld to the seat tube! And lower from the crank! And save the serial number if the rear fork has it! Hope notice those tubes belongs to one year model*! Good luck w your Schwinn cycle truck*!*

Hola stay safe! I was watching your photos,just notice if your CT frame it's 1951@52 whit the lower tube straight! Try save because the lady frame its curve in that tube! If do you choose cut the rear area,try from the top, where's weld to the seat tube! And lower from the crank! And save the serial number if the rear fork has it! Hope notice those tubes belongs to one year model*! Good luck w your Schwinn cycle truck*!*
Im actually going to be using part of the seat post from the ladies frame to fix the lower part of the straight down tube. The serial number is unfortunately rotted completely off and long gone but i figured 51-52 as well so thats good to have confirmation! Ill have some updates this weekend with the progres, thanks for following!

Hey guys! Im sorry for the lack of updates! At the start of the weekend I dropped the fuel cell from my truck on my right index finger and smashed the living geez out of it so I havent been able to weld (im right handed). I promise it will get poppin off VERY soon as soon as I can bend my trigger finger.
Thanks for everyone who stopped by!

Hey ghost and ghouls!
My Shelby is finally off the rack and I just wanted to let you guys know that the revival and rescue of this God-forsaken 1951 machine will begin this Friday!!:p:cool:
I finally landed the correct sprocket/crank/pedals for it along with a guard, rear fender and a donor fork to use to fix the lower portion of the blades. Its gonna be awesome to see it on the road after everyone else gave up on it!
Anyone who has a crusty or rusty front cycle truck fender and is willing to do some horse-trading let me know because that's just about the only thing I don't want to replicate.
Stay tuned!

ct.jpg

Back