When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m starting this thread to document something you guys will either love or hate but its happening. In this thread you will find the rebirth of what has to be the worst Cycle Truck every revived (that I know of). This bike was part of a group of bikes I rescued that sat in huge piles for MANY years and are some of the rustiest bikes I’ve ever owned, and guess what….I’m going to save every single one cause I love what I do and I’m crazy.
The bottom 6-8 inches as well as most of the rear stays and drops are toast, like BEYOND toasted, as well as the bottom few inches of the fork. The metal has begun to blossom into layers like old wood and the serial number is long gone. By all original owner accounts, the straight down tube, forward facing drop outs and the fact that this bike was always skip tooth (despite having the wrong ring now), it is believed this bike was built between 51-54 and is an S2 large basket model, before the half-pitch, curve lower bar change. I will be using a 55-59 chain guard on it though since its what I have available in my parts pile…

I have a 55 Schwinn Starlet frame/fork in my collection that is a perfect match for the rotten parts and I will be grafting that rear frame to this one to save it as well as changing the kickstand mount to a fender mount. Also the bottom part of the fork and drop stand holes will be fixed as well. I’m a competent welder/fabricator so this wont be a huge stretch to some vehicles I’ve worked on. I should also note that this bike will be put back to mostly correct as well as recreating the cut off basket ears and making new basket brackets to match the originals.

Bringing bikes like this back to life is something I live for and this one will live again very soon…..updates coming this weekend!

Enjoy the circus!

View attachment 1303821

Man, and I though mine was bad! I was going to try and put a splint in at the right side dropout, but I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and graft in a new right triangle.

Man, and I though mine was bad! I was going to try and put a splint in at the right side dropout, but I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and graft in a new right triangle.
...and to think, that wasnt even the rustiest bike I brought home that day! Lol
Man i say if you can make a quick jig to keep it all square, and you have another frame thats the same, go for it! If anything it will give you a really awesome sense of accomplishment!

Already in the works. Weather is breaking and lots of project bikes to get going!

Last edited:
A little tap with a maul to egg it and a piece of the top tube fits perfect in the chainstay. Then sliced another piece to make it fit in the seatstay. Its just clean up the grease and prep now, might get to welding tomorrow... maybe.

UPDATE UPDATE

So the Cycle Truck had to go on hold until I found the right parts I needed to make this bike what it deserves to be. Well....today I landed a huge break when my local buddy found Cycle Truck front wheel in a junk pile for free!
If you're insistent on original parts and pieces like I am and dont want to pay crazy prices for some things, this is your reminder to just be patient and keep your head on a swivel.....O, and have good friends! haha

Cycle Truck will be getting updates really soon!

Last edited:
UPDATE UPDATE

So the Cycle Truck had to go on hold until I found the right parts I needed to make this bike what it deserves to be. Well....today I landed a huge break when my local buddy found Cycle Truck front wheel in a junk pile for free!
If you're insistent on original parts and pieces like I am and dont want to pay crazy prices for some things, this is your reminder to just be patient and keep your head on a swivel.....O, and have good friends! haha

Cycle Truck will be getting updates really soon!
Can't wait to see your progress Chris... Razin...

Back