When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
View attachment 1351807

Note the window sticker on the International Harvester. Nothing like building it yourself!

By the way, I need to introduce you to the Rex cut blending wheel for small side grinders.
You can STILL enjoy your hand filing blisters If you want, but at least you can leave the hand filing to the very end. Of course this advice is probably a little late for THIS project, but maybe on the next one!
Haha a little late is right buddy! I kid...
Yeah man i love learning new techniques and tools!!

Im in the parts-locating process currently, but i thought it would be fun to post some crust photos from the original back half that i saved to hang on the wall as a reminder.
Ive seen rust but ive rarely seen metal separate in layers like old wood!
I must mention that i only had to cut one small spot and the rest came off with a light tug. Haha

30CBF712-4E8E-4A2C-896E-6F7CE6A5D9C0.jpeg

52156276-DA9C-4195-BB37-18E1606A7299.jpeg

61D06AB0-D5E1-4677-9D9E-193DB3DBC1A3.jpeg

Damn bro, Chris, I'm very impressed! Killer work! Build your own front fender.....lol
Haha honestly i have a duck-tail front Schwinn 26 fender and I totally considered it for a while. .....but someone really awesome stepped up and is offering me a fender shortly which is a huge blessing! In the end, ide love to use as much original parts as possible.
Thanks for the compliment! Im grateful for you guys to see this mission play out.

Next on the fabrication list this weekend is replacing what some dink cut off at some point in my CT’s life. Fabricating based off of actual factory measurements @MEKANIXFIX was kind enough to get for me.
I considered welding back the ears that were cut off but after a long consideration, the best way is to remove whats left and add back a new unit.
Stay tuned!!

B04B8962-A411-4CC1-932D-13196D254E20.jpeg

Well guys....another large piece is now fixed!

At some point in this bikes life, someone lopped off the ears of the front bracket like a pit bull so now thats done.
I originally was going to cut off whats left and put on an entirely new bracket but the more I thought about it, the more sick i felt about getting rid of the factory chicago welds. So even though it was harder, i decided to just remake the ears so the original factory center piece and chicago welds would remain forever. When you’re dealing with a bike this rough, you have to try to keep as much history and soul as you can.
I have not added the holes on either side of the head tube but i will later on.
Enjoy!

whats left of the original...
D553F403-1FCD-4288-A1A7-FEF2DDCF93D7.jpeg

New ear templates made
E25D3857-4BAB-424B-A43B-3EDA2B65D975.jpeg

Nice little test fit
633724B1-2E5E-47F9-A170-ABC9DDFC69AF.jpeg

Wham bam and done-skee! Went way better than i expected but still a ton of work. Based on factory measurements.
22EBA4B9-14DC-4B48-9F75-593F7EC21CFE.jpeg

Factory Chicago top and side welds still intact...
8888783E-BAEC-4DDF-9F76-E9D401FC4990.jpeg

One step closer to a solid cycle truck!
CD6FB29F-B215-467A-AE4B-529FFA59F26C.jpeg

Looks factory! You are doing a great job bringing this one back!! Im going to get a tank of gas this week and I'll fix mine and come ride with you!
Thanks bud! Hearing someone who owns a CT say it looks factory means I did good!
As soon as this bad boy is road worthy, a cruise is 100% necessary because i’ll be hard to stop on this thing!
Little side note: i already have the measurements and steel to replicate the basket brackets!

Back