When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow, that is soooo awesome! Your project is really starting to take shape now. I was wondering how it was going:)

Wow, that is soooo awesome! Your project is really starting to take shape now. I was wondering how it was going:)
Man I was so excited when it arrived I ate dinner with it next to my plate. Lol Always good to keep some childlike excitement....
Yeah I wish it was moving faster but its all a money game at this point. I only need a couple of things but all total its over $300 bucks worth of stuff! So yeah....hoping to do some horse trading to make it happen.

Not sure if anyone is still following along with this build but good news is a-foot!!
Im doing some horse-trading with another awesome Caber for an original cycle truck stem and drop stand clip AND i found a perfect set of handlebars! ALSO i have a perfect rear hoop with a full set of 120 gauge spokes and nipples.
....but wait, theres more!!
Tonight while digging around for a new departure rear hub in my parts pile i found a Bendix Model K 36-10 floating front Cycle Truck hub!! What are the friggin odds i had that already just sitting there!!
Good things are happening guys!

49536A37-D2FF-4BE9-A7C7-CF436941D66A.jpeg

A16089B5-681B-4245-871C-4E7143A67958.jpeg

Sounds like a lot of good things are happening for you on this. Your repair on the front plate for the basket brace mounting looks like a factory replacement in shape and method. Nicely done. The one on my '39 box dweller was not done as nicely. I wish I knew what happened that it needed repair - but they don't talk ya know. Maybe one day I'll get to doing some additional work on it and hop it comes out like yours did. Impressive!!

Onward and upward!!! Still have not gotten out to dig for any front wheel yet. Did look in the trailer when I had the door open last week, not the right spot though. I think the wheels may be in the little shed next to the shop.

REC

Good things for good people. That is fantastic plays right into the universal energy theory, the parts are finding you. Spring around the corner Cycle truck coming together, you may want to buy a lottery ticket taco. When done you will have to remove "the worst cycle truck " moniker haha

Not sure if anyone is still following along with this build but good news is a-foot!!
Im doing some horse-trading with another awesome Caber for an original cycle truck stem and drop stand clip AND i found a perfect set of handlebars! ALSO i have a perfect rear hoop with a full set of 120 gauge spokes and nipples.
....but wait, theres more!!
Tonight while digging around for a new departure rear hub in my parts pile i found a Bendix Model K 36-10 floating front Cycle Truck hub!! What are the friggin odds i had that already just sitting there!!
Good things are happening guys!

View attachment 1368731

View attachment 1368732
OK, time to go buy a lottery ticket....

Sorry for the late response, it was a crazy weekend!
Thanks to anyone and everyone who has been following along, liking and/or commenting on this thread. Stay tuned because this bad boy will be finished or at least darn close to finished very soon!

Back