When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, since im still waiting for a few parts to come in, how about this for a cool picture!
The original K-model hub next to the replacement K-model!
Literally not one atom of the original was savable! Lol

D5BC5AAC-D150-4110-86B3-30A0E2AD84F1.jpeg

Well, since im still waiting for a few parts to come in, how about this for a cool picture!
The original K-model hub next to the replacement K-model!
Literally not one atom of the original was savable! Lol

View attachment 1373153

Its honestly impressive how bad condition your cycletruck was in, takes alot of neglect and time for it to get that bad! Gonna be a true saved from the scrap pile bike once done, good luck!

Its honestly impressive how bad condition your cycletruck was in, takes alot of neglect and time for it to get that bad! Gonna be a true saved from the scrap pile bike once done, good luck!
It really is man! This thing was crusty to a level ive never even dealt with and I LOVE crusty bikes! I think Velocipedist’s 35 Bluebird is the only other ressurection that could compare to this Cycle Truck and even then, i think ive got him beat in terms of sheer crust!
thanks for following along....stay tuned!

The Rustaway hub is fantastic. It needs to go into an enclosed case for display alongside sone of the other choice leftovers from this project. I am saving the photos just because!! Sending you a PM in a bit to discuss something else. Bye for now..
REC

Talk about metamorphosis! I don't even know how you figured out this was a cycletruck-let alone something from the bicycle realm! Your work is awesome! Its hard to believe people have such talent/skills or willing to take on a project of such magnitude! Absolutely incredible work saving this cycletruck. Congrats-can't wait to see end results!

Talk about metamorphosis! I don't even know how you figured out this was a cycletruck-let alone something from the bicycle realm! Your work is awesome! Its hard to believe people have such talent/skills or willing to take on a project of such magnitude! Absolutely incredible work saving this cycletruck. Congrats-can't wait to see end results!
I really appreciate the compliment, much less you guys following along with my crazy journey on this thing! I think at the end of the day, it comes down to this: Im not rich in wealth, but I am rich in passion, drive and skill and while I may not be able to afford a market-value Cycle Truck, I can afford to turn a forgotten one into something amazing.
Hopefully my journey will cause at least one or two people to take a second look at that bike they always considered was "too far gone".

The Rustaway hub is fantastic. It needs to go into an enclosed case for display alongside sone of the other choice leftovers from this project. I am saving the photos just because!! Sending you a PM in a bit to discuss something else. Bye for now..
REC
excited to see what ya found!

Do you know what the bike's prior use was? That level of rust reminds me of bikes that have been exposed long-term to sea water or to commercial/industrial corrosives. It took a lot of rust to get through that hub shell.

Do you know what the bike's prior use was? That level of rust reminds me of bikes that have been exposed long-term to sea water or to commercial/industrial corrosives. It took a lot of rust to get through that hub shell.
It was found on a hoarder property with at least 300 other antique bikes in various states of disrepair. There were piles and this one was buried in the ground at the bottom so its original use and story is long gone other than the old man knowing it was always inch-pitch. I got this one pretty much as my buddy found it but the front wheel was on it but it was a mangled, crusty knotted mess. Wasnt anywhere near salt water or anything, just forgotten and buried for as long as ive been alive im sure.

Well guys....huge milestone today!!
Stem and the drop stand clip came in thanks to another awesome Caber and i finally got to install the bars and sit on it! Is my smile too obvious? Haha
Next we weld the drop stand bungs back on the fork, build the basket brackets and that will be IT for fabrication!! Woohoo!!
The wheels are temporaries as i am building and lacing the correct heavy duty ones as we speak...will also be plasma cutting a new sign panel as well as doing some sign writing!

25F32FBA-27E8-4E94-A037-C2AA40B40A9B.jpeg

B589D6B5-7D41-4ACF-AF35-AC1B5C15CD02.jpeg

Back