When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The epic revival of the Worst Cycle-Truck ever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well guys....huge milestone today!!
Stem and the drop stand clip came in thanks to another awesome Caber and i finally got to install the bars and sit on it! Is my smile too obvious? Haha
Next we weld the drop stand bungs back on the fork, build the basket brackets and that will be IT for fabrication!! Woohoo!!
The wheels are temporaries as i am building and lacing the correct heavy duty ones as we speak...will also be plasma cutting a new sign panel as well as doing some sign writing!

View attachment 1376526

View attachment 1376527
Please play Johnny Cash’s “ one piece at a time” when this one rolls outta that shop!!
Great resilience!!!

School time!! Where i get to teach methods ive developed to work on pesky bicycle things!
So...my post about getting the stem installed was just like a pretty girl with tons of makeup, theres a process you didnt see.
So the stem on this rowdy ba$tard had been snapped off and stuck since day one and i figured, “this will have to wait”.....but the day finally came to pay the piper.
First things first: i took a small junk extension (walmart cheapie) and stuck it down in the stem remnants and welded it solid. I gave it around a solid 25 ugga-duggas with the impact gun and BAM, out she came! All good and time to celebrate right? Wrong....guess what is still stuck in there?? You guessed it....the dang wedge!
So...i filled the fork with Blaster and let it sit for a full 24 hours. Next day i drained it, flipped it upside down and put a steel rod thru the fender hole and about 5 taps with a hammer, out it came!
Use these lessons cause i promise they work!

083A2231-978D-4CE5-8397-83DF823B0684.jpeg

CD8E628B-6672-44B8-B62D-554A96342F7B.jpeg

2E040465-B084-4C79-B2E1-F8B3926740F7.jpeg

This is purely outstanding. I love each and every bit of it. I found your thread this morning and it’s taken me all day when I had a few minutes to get through it. Your worksmanship, determination, talent and skills show through very much on this project.

For years it’s been my goal to find the rustiest Schwinns out there and make them rideable with as many of the parts they came with as possible. Partly because I think they are neat with patina and crust, but also because that’s all I can afford!:tearsofjoy:

I’ve got some pretty rusty turds that I enjoy a lot, one even with a rot hole through a cantilever tube, but nothing NEAR this bad. Outstanding. Just way cool. Seriously can’t say it enough.

Well. Done.

This is purely outstanding. I love each and every bit of it. I found your thread this morning and it’s taken me all day when I had a few minutes to get through it. Your worksmanship, determination, talent and skills show through very much on this project.

For years it’s been my goal to find the rustiest Schwinns out there and make them rideable with as many of the parts they came with as possible. Partly because I think they are neat with patina and crust, but also because that’s all I can afford!:tearsofjoy:

I’ve got some pretty rusty turds that I enjoy a lot, one even with a rot hole through a cantilever tube, but nothing NEAR this bad. Outstanding. Just way cool. Seriously can’t say it enough.

Well. Done.
Wow Im sorry Im just now seeing this!
I greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read thru what Im doing here with this bike. What I do and what I love doing has always been such a polarizing topic with folks who either love my wild motivations or cant understand why I dont buy a better bike to start with.
I have tried many times to explain why i feel so passionately about rusty, forgotten bikes that by all accounts should be left to die....and the explanation has to come from my feelings about people too. I find myself drawn to people that are the same way, broken, forgotten, ignored etc. Call me a hippy but when I see these bikes, like this Cycle Truck for instance, I dont see junk, or rust....I see something that everyone else has given up on, something that never should breath again by world standards and my heart just wont let me give up on it.
Some people see a forest, other people see a nature trail....some people see an empty parking lot and others see the perfect place for a playground.
I have at least 2 other rusty crusty bikes in line behind this one so the fun is only going to keep going as long as Im alive.
Post your rusty revivals....keep the passion going. Thanks for the compliments.

Back