When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The goal: organize the peg board this winter....

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
i have too many things on the pegboard....time to de-clutter and simplify....got any tips or stories of how you have managed to organize your pegboard? the picture here looks great..not mine but it looks like something im striving for....but i live in an ancient 1890s home so might go with retro/antique tools to display and for everyday use as well.....

a-storage-pegboard-a-pegboard-workstation-gray-metal-pegboard-tool-organizers.jpg

i have too many things on the pegboard....time to de-clutter and simplify....got any tips or stories of how you have managed to organize your pegboard? the picture here looks great..not mine but it looks like something im striving for....but i live in an ancient 1890s home so might go with retro/antique tools to display and for everyday use as well.....

View attachment 742711

I have a small bedroom which I call the "weight-room" because at one time I had a set
of barbells and weight bench to work out.
Now it consists of bike parts, tools, leather jackets, books, and dozens of shoes
which are old but too good to throw away.

Now I call it the "wait-room" because I'm waiting for a good time to de-clutter & simplify.

Right now it looks like "bricycle's . :(

How about posting several views of your shop and current tool storage to show what kind of spaces and how much room you have to deal with.

Last edited:
That peg board set up pictured above looks like something Grandma set up. Most of that stuff can get thrown in drawer since it might, maybe, maybe not be used once a year. I'd rather have shelves on that wall for sheit you use on a daily or weekly basis, and get those screw bins off the work table. :rolleyes: That peg board is a total waste of wall space IMO. :p

View attachment 742711

You mentioned this is not your peg-board but this is what you are striving for.
That's fine.
Make a note of what you actually use the most and those that you rarely touch.
Do you need to display duplicate hammers for example?

Also...you have to set priorities.
A display for antique tools?
Or a display of tools for everyday work?

Unless you are going to be using antique tools for everyday use
which I would not recommend.

Displaying antique tools & everyday tools together is going to look cluttered
no matter how you arrange them.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
If it were me, and I had a minimum of a 10' X 10' space to work with, I might want to replace or incorporate the table (along the back wall) with an L-shaped counter and L-shaped shelves. Don't block your walkways/entrance w/counter space as it appears that your table now does. Is there enough room in your shop to build an L-shaped counter with shelves underneath, another shelf at arms reach for cleaners and the like, and one above that for bike parts, with room for some tall items under the counter? Maybe you could even fit the front wheels of a couple complete bikes and a rolling tool cart in this space. You'd also be wanting a couple deep drawers and at least 4 shallow ones. I ripped apart a "Free" on CL metal desk, for the drawers, the back (used for a metal work surface) and the center drawer for my most used tools. Put most of the stuff on the shelves in boxes so they can be pulled out and moved easily w/o having to move one small item at a time. Use separate caddies for similar items like tapes and paint brushes, etc. Lesser used tools go in toolboxes or drawers on shelves. If you like the pegboard idea, you should now have plenty of room to keep your most frequently used items and you'll have plenty of clear counter space to work. The room looks small, get rid of stuff that's in your way. Organize and you'll be amazed at the amount of space you've freed up, make the most of it. Plenty of free used lumber out there too, just check out "Free" on CL.

Last edited:
Back