When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Great Tread Thread - Pre-1933 Non-Black Tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I owned one indian script tire I believe It went to Robert Molina in Pasadena who bought the last two Indians I had. I do not have photos any longer or remember his cabe handle i will text him and see if you can get a photo it had the indian script tread i know nothing more about the tire it was in a collection I acquired about eight years ago in Carmel Ca. it was vert crusty.
1486D54E-3D91-4467-8820-1CA8EC35E30A.jpeg

DBBA739C-EF41-4787-AB77-CB16C72031B4.jpeg
QUOTE="New Mexico Brant, post: 1376668, member: 75259"]
The holy grail of American made scripted bicycle treads! The Indian Tire; from an original Buenos Aires, Argentina catalog owned by our great CABE leader. Mostly everything Indian in this catalog was exported to South America. It makes one think, a great bicycle hoard could be sitting in another country just waiting to be found! Has anyone seen or own an example of these tires?

View attachment 1545965

View attachment 1545966
[/QUOTE]

Hi @Goldenindian

Thanks for that. (-:

Do you know the source and the exact date of the Vitalic article? Since it mentions 10,000 bicycles being produced, I'm guessing early 1918.

Do you mind if I copy it over to the Columbia 'Military Model' thread, to keep the information together?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back