When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Green Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike was another lost cause when I dragged it home. A plane-Jane Hawthorne covered in house paint. I found a tank for it for thirty bucks and this is how it turned out. Today I took the old boy out and it rides nice!
IMG_2353 (1).JPG
IMG_2358.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG
That's Arron above, he hadn't ridden a balloon tire bike since the 60's
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
Green grips....
IMG_2354 (1).JPG
End of the road....
IMG_2356 (1).JPG

Just found a photo of the bike the day I brought the old boy home..... thick blue housepaint! Roadmaster? Now I am wondering if this is the bike?? They all blend into one.....
IMG_2367.JPG

Last edited:
No, top pics 3 gill (curved bar) and bottom is a straight bar, prewar vs. postwar, skiptooth vs. reg. different fork etc. oh well, I know how they all blend together.

This bike was another lost cause when I dragged it home. A plane-Jane Hawthorne covered in house paint. I found a tank for it for thirty bucks and this is how it turned out. Today I took the old boy out and it rides nice!View attachment 823384 View attachment 823387 View attachment 823388 View attachment 823389 View attachment 823390 That's Arron above, he hadn't ridden a balloon tire bike since the 60's
View attachment 823391 View attachment 823392 Green grips.... View attachment 823393 End of the road....View attachment 823394

Just found a photo of the bike the day I brought the old boy home..... thick blue housepaint! Roadmaster? Now I am wondering if this is the bike?? They all blend into one..... View attachment 823425
Not the correct photo . The bike was originally red. It hit me tonight. I will find and post it, as I have a photo of it somewhere.

Back