When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Green Hawthorne

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike was another lost cause when I dragged it home. A plane-Jane Hawthorne covered in house paint. I found a tank for it for thirty bucks and this is how it turned out. Today I took the old boy out and it rides nice!
IMG_2353 (1).JPG
IMG_2358.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2362.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG
That's Arron above, he hadn't ridden a balloon tire bike since the 60's
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
Green grips....
IMG_2354 (1).JPG
End of the road....
IMG_2356 (1).JPG

Just found a photo of the bike the day I brought the old boy home..... thick blue housepaint! Roadmaster? Now I am wondering if this is the bike?? They all blend into one.....
IMG_2367.JPG

Last edited:
No, top pics 3 gill (curved bar) and bottom is a straight bar, prewar vs. postwar, skiptooth vs. reg. different fork etc. oh well, I know how they all blend together.

This bike was another lost cause when I dragged it home. A plane-Jane Hawthorne covered in house paint. I found a tank for it for thirty bucks and this is how it turned out. Today I took the old boy out and it rides nice!View attachment 823384 View attachment 823387 View attachment 823388 View attachment 823389 View attachment 823390 That's Arron above, he hadn't ridden a balloon tire bike since the 60's
View attachment 823391 View attachment 823392 Green grips.... View attachment 823393 End of the road....View attachment 823394

Just found a photo of the bike the day I brought the old boy home..... thick blue housepaint! Roadmaster? Now I am wondering if this is the bike?? They all blend into one..... View attachment 823425
Not the correct photo . The bike was originally red. It hit me tonight. I will find and post it, as I have a photo of it somewhere.

Back