When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Green Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Green Panther is progressing. While taking apart the crank, I discovered the inside of the crank case was COMPLETELY filled, jam packed with some sort of lubricant, (although calling it a lubricant would be generous at best). It was a thick gunky substance I suspect was a high temperature automobile lube that was the consistency of cold molasses. It would have taken a gorilla with strong legs to have pushed the pedals on this ride!
green-panther_crank-case_before-after.jpg

Next came the fork. It too was covered with 65 years of grime and dirt. The rubber bumper was shot. The pics show how compressed and cracked it had gotten.
green-panther_springer-fork-side_before-after_cropped.jpg
green-panther_springer-fork-bumper_before-after.jpg

green-panther_springer-fork-top_before-after.jpg
green-panther_springer-fork-yolk_clean.jpg

The entire frame has been cleaned and polished. It's ready to start hanging more parts, so stay tuned!
green-panther_frame-clean.jpg

Here are mine. Both are 52

Wow, those are sharp!
And I see you went with the red grips on the black Panther. The 1953 Schwinn catalog has pictures of the Phantom with both red grips and black grips. I wonder if the black grips were standard and the colored grips were an option? I'm planning to use green grips on the Green Panther.

Kind of finished mine. Looking to upgrade the fenders, pedals, and left fork arm. Seat chassis needs some bending or complete replacement. Big problem with the Faulhaber seat frames is bending.
Panther 2016 5 (2016_07_23 21_07_20 UTC).jpg

Back