When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Hub Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anybody have actual disassembly/reassembly instructions for a Morrow hub? I put one back together several years ago and must have made some rookie error. It seems to spin forward just fine, but has to spin back about 5 revs before it stops.

Does anybody have actual disassembly/reassembly instructions for a Morrow hub? I put one back together several years ago and must have made some rookie error. It seems to spin forward just fine, but has to spin back about 5 revs before it stops.
page 1 first post

Thank you! Looks like just what I need.
Morrow hubs spin back a little farther than most hubs, but not 5 turns. The Bendix manual 2 speed has a big back spin before it catches, like 1/4 turn at most, depending on gearing. In my experience Morrow hubs take more back force from you leg to lock up than most others. I ran a 30 mile mountain bike race with a Morrow and my legs felt it on the back force towards the end. It never overheated like my Bendix, which was smoking on a much shorter ride. Sometimes rebuilding these old coaster hubs can be a little challenging. I find the armless coaster brakes the most challenging. I’ve rebuilt several and they look the same but the guts retainers and bearing races never seem to be the same so parts interchangeably between different years of manufacture is impossible.

Back