When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

@@ The K-4 @@

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

yeshoney

I live for the CABE
A new build inspired by the golden age of streamlined train engines of the 30's. Plans are to integrate a Hot Rod theme into this build as well.

The patent that inspired the build theme and the initial mock up with frame repairs done. THe fork is a 50's Evans Action springer.

loewy_k4_patent_10-1.jpg

K4Mock1-1.jpg

K4Mock2-1.jpg

K4Mock3-1.jpg

K4Mock4-1.jpg

K4Mock5-1.jpg

Love that springer fork. Very unique. Evans = Michigan...right?

Update as of 12/12/11

Going to go with "Double Ducktail" front and rear fenders. I don't want to cut and braze because if I ever want to use a set for some reason down the road I can just unbolt them. Once they are mounted you won't see the bottom one. Lots of house paint as you can see and I will take better pics once I have them sanded down.

k43a-1.jpg

k43b-1.jpg

k43c-1.jpg

k43d-1.jpg

k43e-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gots lots done!

Much progress made! Many different things going on. I decided I liked the blue fenders and the others had so much bondo that it wasn't worth trying to save them for anything. Cut the ducktails off and made a "Triple" out back, regular up front, except for I found a slightly curved brace in the pile and added that to the front. Triple steps were literally brought back from the dead. They were "restored" many, many years ago and they represent the last pieces of the bike they came off of to be used in a project. i have the fork, but it is a ladies headtube length and will probably never use it. Going to swith out the 3/8' cog ofr a 1/2 ND 22 tooth out back and run a standard chain. I tried all the necks I have and none looked right, so I am in search of something for it. I have two sets of bars and will decide after I find the neck.

Thanks, Joe

Mockpt41-1.jpg

Mockpt42-1.jpg

Mockpt43-1.jpg

Mockpt44-1.jpg

Mockpt45-1.jpg

Mockpt46-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would cut and braze them. It looks great! Why add the weight and leave a area for rust and weather to build up. You need some stainless English wheel rolled skirts for the rear.

Are those red forks in the back ground Colson by chance? I need some for a 1934 26' ballon bike I have.

Back