When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Little Aerocycle that Could: A Pretty Camelback Who Dreams to One Day Have a Tank

-
Anyone know what year(s) the cool fork stop bracket was used on the Aerocycle like the one above?
I personally believe that they were all equipped with them from the factory, but occasionally you see them without (I believe this is due to them breaking off). I have a 1934 and 1936 and one bike has one that’s broken off and one is still present.

Yep!
My 34 model has the stop.
It's a pretty stout bracket, so not likely to get broken off accidentally.
I can't imagine why anyone would cut it off, so I don't know what the deal is with the bikes that were made without them.

Today we were doing an exhibit install at the gallery so I did not have heaps of time to work on the Aerocycle. I was able to get a few things accomplished.

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

What a gem! Forgive me for asking, since you posted everything in the last 24 hours, did you do all this work/project in the last 24 hours? Or is this more of a Before & After posting?

EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read your post that said you started this project in May 2017, I was confused because you just started this thread yesterday, nevertheless nice transformation!

Last edited:
Back