When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Little Guys

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I kinda have these stashed all over the house and decided to get them together. I'm up to an even dozen but always on the lookout for cool tricycles. I especially like the '30s deco style trikes and wouldn't mind finding a Colson Commander, Elgin Redbird Jr, Skippy, or any of the streamline trikes with built in headlights. V/r Shawn

Cool collection. I've been looking for this one. It was also named a SkyJet. I had one as a 3 year old. I posted a video here of me riding it in '63. I have a couple of cool oldies,an early 60's Murray 12" double stepper and a 50's Midwest 15"er,both mostly original. I havent found any cool ones in years.

saf jet.jpg

Beautiful collection! Thank you for sharing the photos.

Dave

Thanks Dave. A word of advise for anyone contemplating getting into these--do not buy projects! I've been tempted before but I'd still be looking for a front fender for a Silver King instead of just waiting. Finding a loose Aerocycle tank is probably easier than finding most parts for the deluxe pre-war trikes. Heck I can't even find badges for my Colson Zephyrs. V/r Shawn

You're right on the money with that advice! Sometimes I'll pick up old trike parts that I know are very difficult to find in case I come across a tricycle later on needing them. It's near impossible to restore trikes that are close to 100 years old missing things like wheels and pedal cranks, unless you find a similar donor trike in rougher shape. Better to just continue parting them out when already missing major parts. Rubber grips and pedals, and appropriate style seats aren't too hard to locate, but that's about it.

Dave

Back