When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the londoner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

thom

Look Ma, No Hands!
Anybody else got a "the londoner"?
thelondoner_zps63b65251jpeg-1.jpg

londonerII_zps4a5bdd12jpeg-1.jpg

londonerIII_zps16d5bc53jpeg-1.jpg

It's a Japanese three speed.I'd like to know the age of it.I plan to get it back to rideable condition.

after some research it seems this bike originally was built in england and eventually outsourced to Japan in the 60's. You happen to have the outsourced version.

It looks like a standard mid range Raliegh 3 speed that was built in the 1960s with dozens of different head badges on them. 3 speed classic English bike. Roger

I have one

I have the same bike, except a girls' version. It has the seat and fenders and is in pretty nice condition, but the chainguard is not original - someone has scabbed an old one on there with incorrect brackets. Can you tell if yours ever had a chainguard?

after some research it seems this bike originally was built in england and eventually outsourced to Japan in the 60's. You happen to have the outsourced version.
Old thread, I know, but for the sake of posterity: They were designed by Scheuer and built in Germany until about 1960, then moved to Japan. They had Shimano 333 rear hubs, a pretty sure sign they had nothing to do with Raleigh. Here's another thread about them: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-londoner.25924/

Back