When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Long Beach Socal Cycle Swap Picture Thread

-
love it..so you own it?
I was in a tight spot and had to let it go a while back, I'm glad somebody is showing it some love...
I do! It's a big part of my Colson collection and has been a focus of research for the past few years. It's not done yet, but I have all the parts to build it up correctly.

Last edited:
I hate this thread......it makes me want to drive to Long Beach and bring home a bunch of bikes, or maybe I should take a bunch of bikes to sell and come back with a few less bikes but different......there is always something cool in the posted photo's of the swap......if I am still bike heavy in the Spring it might be the deal......

It was a cold day in Prescott AZ when I found that bike, I got caught in a snow storm that day..if you look close at the picture I posted you can see the snow is starting to fall..I went to chase the Chevy on the trailer..
My next question was to ask your story behind the bike. They're not common bikes, but I sure am glad it ended up at the LB swap that fateful day. Thank you.

My next question was to ask your story behind the bike. They're not common bikes, but I sure am glad it ended up at the LB swap that fateful day. Thank you.
I didnt realize just how uncommon they were at the time I sold it..but I did what I had to do..I picked it up dirt cheap and actually tripled my investment..I never knew it was you I sold it to...
there were a bunch of other old bikes there that day but I slipped and didnt buy more...

I didnt realize just how uncommon they were at the time I sold it..but I did what I had to do..I picked it up dirt cheap and actually tripled my investment..I never knew it was you I sold it to...
there were a bunch of other old bikes there that day but I slipped and didnt buy more...
I thought I got a pretty good deal on it, so you did get it dirt cheap! Admittedly there were a lot of wrong parts on it including the Schwinn middleweight fenders (Eww) and a few other items, but I did my research and was able to gather the correct parts including the rare deep chrome fenders pictured above. I didn't know at the time, but it was pretty incredible that the tubular rear carrier was complete and intact.

I thought I got a pretty good deal on it, so you did get it dirt cheap! Admittedly there were a lot of wrong parts on it including the Schwinn middleweight fenders (Eww) and a few other items, but I did my research and was able to gather the correct parts including the rare deep chrome fenders pictured above. I didn't know at the time, but it was pretty incredible that the tubular rear carrier was complete and intact.
at the time I was not too savvy on anything other than schwinn..I didnt even know about the Cabe yet..luckily for you...but I'm glad it went your way and hopefully one day you will finish bringing it back to its original glory ..

That's a sad tale for sure, old psyche. And this hobby is full of them I'm afraid. Remorse .The colson clique is as tight a group as there is/ or ever will be. At least the glory of initial find is yours and will remain.

That's a sad tale for sure, old psyche. And this hobby is full of them I'm afraid. Remorse .The colson clique is as tight a group as there is/ or ever will be. At least the glory of initial find is yours and will remain.
thanks, but no remorse,for me its always the thrill of the hunt.(same applies to the antique cars).I'm certain its not the last diamond in the rough that I will come across,and also sure it wont be the last time I go give it away at a swapmeet..Ahhww the swapmeet, the place for winners and losers..!!!

Back