When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The longest wait

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And I'm still waiting. $%*#
Who's this villain we need to avoid ?
1581917064956.png

Communication is the key.

I’ve got a Colson Commander being restored? with ZERO updates or anything else regarding a minimal completion timeline ?

Motivation and excitement are important factors in wanting to get a bike restored to exacting standards, but right now, the bike doesn’t exist to me.

sopranos (1)_kindlephoto-5140985291.jpg

Seriously, what information do you have on the seller? Name, address, city or phone number ( if the seller is using a burner, no traceable)
The computer is a very useful tool in finding and finding out about people. Criminal record, Sex offender, out standing debt....
Years ago a CABEr had somewhat the same situation, except the CABEr was the seller and the buyer was the person in question. The bike got shipped and the perp retracted the the payment.
With some information, I found the address, phone number of the buyer. With Zillow I got a street view shot of the house. I posted it, with said information, but it was taken down. Never did find out the end result...
I'm not saying , found out where he or she lives and do bodily harm, or take photographs of his or her children or make threats....and so on. It will give you the type of seller you are dealing with. If the address is a vacant lot or abandoned house....
Anyway...I hope you things work out and you get your bike.

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s difficult to sell here , especially if your not in the bike business. You work hard at your every day job and try to fit everything else in . I especially dislike the wanted section at times. You try to help someone, then he says your hard to find item is to high . Some thing you spent part of your free time trying to get available . I’m not in the bike business, so It doesn’t matter to me . I just happened to have a good eye for thing and try to have fun. I see a lot of people here get intense and seem to know it all
Relax and Enjoy the Ride

Not Bike related but I recently purchased some body panels and floors for my Hot rod from a company called "Howells Sheet Metal" out of Texas. The guy NEVER answers his phone! Apparently he told one person that if he answered the phone he would never get anything done...At first I was glad I was doing business with an American company and even told him so. Now I've been waiting 7 weeks for my delivery...I finally got thru to him and pretty much got - Hey Whatever attitude. I asked for the Tracking number and it lead nowhere - can it be bogus? SCREW HIM!! I'll never order from him again AND I left poor feed back on his site. Almost 2K in my order - in the future I'll spend my hard earned money else where.

He did not give me a confirmation number until I asked, said he would send the Tracking number by email - never happened! This guy truly just says what you want to hear...Extremely poor businessmen.

If it was me, I would hire a young car enthusiast and train them on their parts...teach them follow-up and most of all HONESTY!

Ryan at Howell's, you are a poor businessmen and care less about your customers (as long as you get paid - right)! I will tell every person I can to stay away!

Day before yesterday I purchased from two separate CABE'ers and guess what? They delivered the very next day AND provided me with the Tracking number!!! WOW, what a concept - communication!!! For you sellers who take your sweet time delivering - shame on you...we pay right away, you should ship right away or stick to selling at Swap meets!
Got my Hot Rod parts!!!!! Ordered them 2 Jan and they arrived lickity split on Saturday Feb 15th!!! Hey, it came all the way from Texas!!!! On the Pony express - lol! Good luck to everyone else's deliveries!!!

Communication is the key.

I’ve got a Colson Commander being restored? with ZERO updates or anything else regarding a minimal completion timeline ?

Motivation and excitement are important factors in wanting to get a bike restored to exacting standards, but right now, the bike doesn’t exist to me.

Remember

motivation and excitement

are the

key

to this

hobby !

Communication

is

Key

Back