When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most expensive

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OKAY, HERE IS MY INFO ON THE MOST EXPENSIVE BIKE!
OLD MAN SCHWINN HAD A TANDEM MADE FOR HIS WIFE AND FIRST BORN SON
AROUND THE FIRST OF THE CENTURY 1896. IT HAD A BABY SEAT BETWEEN THE FRONT
AND BACK SEAT.
IT WAS SOLD AT AUCTION FOR $99,000. PLUS AUCTION FEES ABOUT TEN OR MORE YEARS AGO.
THE BIKE HAD BEEN RESTORED BY THE SCHWINN COMPANY MANY YEARS AGO
AND WAS ON DISPLAY IN THE CHICAGO SCIENCE & INDUSTRY MUSEUM.
View attachment 765943
Currently owned/displayed in the Bicycle Museum of America in New Bremen, OH V/r Shawn

I sold it for $17k to Bob Nichols in 2011 and bought it back for the same money last January when he died from the estate along with my original Evinrude which was sold to Ty Brann for a undisclosed sum. I sold my 37 Roadmasters to Dan Venturi for $25k for the pair in 2011 and my Restored mens airflow to Ethan Bengal for $14k.

Good to know!

OKAY, HERE IS MY INFO ON THE MOST EXPENSIVE BIKE!
OLD MAN SCHWINN HAD A TANDEM MADE FOR HIS WIFE AND FIRST BORN SON
AROUND THE FIRST OF THE CENTURY 1896. IT HAD A BABY SEAT BETWEEN THE FRONT
AND BACK SEAT.
IT WAS SOLD AT AUCTION FOR $99,000. PLUS AUCTION FEES ABOUT TEN OR MORE YEARS AGO.
THE BIKE HAD BEEN RESTORED BY THE SCHWINN COMPANY MANY YEARS AGO
AND WAS ON DISPLAY IN THE CHICAGO SCIENCE & INDUSTRY MUSEUM.
View attachment 765943

I was at most of the Sotheby's bicycle auctions in Chicago including this one since I worked close by at the time. I have in my notes that it sold for $92,500 at the auction on September 13th, 1999. I remember the bidding was intense. I also remember seeing the bike in Perrysburg in the field a few years earlier with a supposed sale price of $15K. I remember being shocked to see it there, thinking it should be in a museum. And now it is.

Back