When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Motorbike Era

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
OAuth Error:2001

z

kos22us

Wore out three sets of tires already!
im really sold on the motorbike design of the teens through the early 30's, to me im getting the best out of all the era's, you get the bigger frames & wheels from the early toc era and then put on all the cool stuff from the prewar balloon tire era, its a win win, yea other than the decal on the tank and the color combos most of them look a lot a like but im trying to get where i only have 3 or 4 keepers so its another win, how do you guys feel about them ?

I like em and want to find a tall frame one for a 700C build. You could certainly peddle one faster and for longer distance than a ballooner bike. The tool box tank is just the bees knees IMHO, place for a extra tube, pump, wallet, whatever. If I ever find one with close to a 24" seat post it will be mine! :D

The ones I am really drawn to are the motorcycle related bikes e.g. HD, Indian, and Merkel. The main draw back to the 28" bikes, if you really want to enjoy them (ride them!), is the tire issue. A set of Robert Dean tires is about $300 or you can lace in the old hubs to some 700 rims which usually works out to about the same cost. For the vast majority of these motorbike style bikes (- the motorcycle related) the cost of a wheel set may not be economically feasible. Jus my 2c V/r Shawn
DSC_0358 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0292 - Copy.JPG

im really sold on the motorbike design of the teens through the early 30's, to me im getting the best out of all the era's, you get the bigger frames & wheels from the early toc era and then put on all the cool stuff from the prewar balloon tire era, its a win win, yea other than the decal on the tank and the color combos most of them look a lot a like but im trying to get where i only have 3 or 4 keepers so its another win, how do you guys feel about them ?

Yo - Big Daddy ... After years of lusting-for and collecting
the pre-war (WW2) sheet metal, streamlines of the era,
finally sent most of them down the pike.

By choice, still have two -- 1934 Huffman motorbike (straight
seat stays) .. and a 1935 Shelby-built King-B.

There is a certain unfettered rawness in the teens thru early
30's machines. They look purposeful.

...... patric

1935 Shelby patric-1992-4thjulyparade 2.jpg

LINKS and KINKS SWAP June 2013 - Fairborn, Oh.-- 1912 Flying Merkel --.jpg

links and kinks 2014 .. 02  FLYING MERKEL.jpg

1901-Indian-Racer-24-inch-wheel.jpg

1901 indian 'special racer'.jpg

Last edited:
It's cool that you brought up the motobike topic. I personally love them! I am in the process of building my personal named motobike. Custom made cigar tank with door, and It will be equipped with a Shur-Spin and Monocoupe plane fender ornament. I will also make my own water transfers. It will be called the JB Flyer. A nod to the Lindy Flyer of course!

Last edited:
Back