When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Motorbike Era

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Been into them 24ys..... My favorite of all bikes

im really sold on the motorbike design of the teens through the early 30's, to me im getting the best out of all the era's, you get the bigger frames & wheels from the early toc era and then put on all the cool stuff from the prewar balloon tire era, its a win win, yea other than the decal on the tank and the color combos most of them look a lot a like but im trying to get where i only have 3 or 4 keepers so its another win, how do you guys feel about them ?
Good thread kos22us, You've got pages of excited posters showing us all the good schtuff!
I'm not naming any names, but there seems to be a few fellers out there that just seem to have three or four of almost anything that's ever been heard of. Thanks to all of them for sharing.

35 mead.jpg

1935 Mead
DSCF3543.JPG

1935 Schwinn B 1 1/2
colson moto (2).JPG

1934 Colson Flyer, 2-tone green
chrome IJ best.JPG

1935 Iver Johnson Super Mobicycle
34 Oriole.JPG

1934 Elgin Oriole
dp harris moto.JPG

1934 DP Harris/Snyder Hawthorne badged
elgin.jpg

Early 30's original Bluebird (with orange pinstriping)
fox main.jpg

1931 Shelby badged "Fox"...not as famous as the Whippet or Lindy, but local to Richmond, VA

I guess I like these motorbikes, particularly the "moto-balloons" and chunked out with early accessories.
Chris

Last edited:
Hmm, that's debatable Joe if we are counting some motorbikes with softer top tube curves (like the early huffmans)
duralium angle.jpg

1935 Duralium...predominant straight bars, steel truss rods, rain gutter fenders, crossbars...an original bike except the chainguard I had on it at the time.

True true, but Im referring to the basic motobike frame design. Not so graceful bends at top bar and motorcycle looking frame design. Nice Duralium!

The motobike era designs often show a nice mix of design flair and utilitarian straightforwardness. They balance simplicity with flair in a way that the more garish, later designs miss.

Back