When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Motorbike Era

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
ad9a5024f38dbcfeaf4e7c3f1b6d0d81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones I am really drawn to are the motorcycle related bikes e.g. HD, Indian, and Merkel. The main draw back to the 28" bikes, if you really want to enjoy them (ride them!), is the tire issue. A set of Robert Dean tires is about $300 or you can lace in the old hubs to some 700 rims which usually works out to about the same cost. For the vast majority of these motorbike style bikes (- the motorcycle related) the cost of a wheel set may not be economically feasible. Jus my 2c V/r Shawn
View attachment 334490

View attachment 334489
Shawn,i agree. The motorcycle built ones are great,historically, but as far as design,aesthetic looks,they bore me. Mid/late 30's is where I've been/at. If it ain't got the swoop,it ain't got the poop. Shout out to one of my have brothers, Dawalt/Walt Adams,for sticking me on a 1918 Harley -Davidson motobike,a lot of years ago!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Shawn,i agree. The motorcycle built ones are great,historically, but as far as design,aesthetic looks,they bore me. Mid/late 30's is where I've been/at. If it ain't got the swoop,it ain't got the poop. Shout out to one of my have brothers, Dawalt/Walt Adams,for sticking me on a 1918 Harley -Davidson motobike,a lot of years ago!

I'm with you Keith. I appreciate the historical significance of these bikes but the full boogie ballooners such as the big tank Shelbys, Super Streamline Huffmans, the Bluebird, and full boogie canti Autocycles are what really gets me excited. Unless its dirt cheap I'll never buy a restored or pieced together Merkel, Indian, or HD. Way too may of these are faked or started off as a different brand even though it may have the same frame. V/r Shawn

Figured you'd get it,Shawn. Don't have the insane bikes i had,pre divorce,but my ago 39 arrow,36 robin,37 skylark,38 proto no nose,38 double duty, canti autocycle,my now 39 twin flex,39 huffman model 21,36 non equipped cycleplane,all are more interesting looking. More swoop,bells&whistles,please! ;)

Back