When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Motorbike Era

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was under the impression that Mead sold most, if not all of their bicycles through catalogs. Since then I've found lots of shops that sold Mead bicycles, including Halbach-Schroeder Company. This seems to be the case especially during the Motobike era. Shows what I know!

1583439020365.jpeg

Unknown brand/Manufacturer
Was thinking Mead but with the badge hole placement is vertical at 2 3/4 in spacing and Mead badge hole placement is horizontally
The truss rods are welded solid to the forks too on both sides

Fun bike to ride!!

e74dab9babadd0f88adb12fb63a62675.jpg
10a4a467977a767de74821220bb91353.jpg
79219143cefa956ed0d7356009c70850.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this an original badge? I wonder if a Center Drive crankset assembly would work on it. You know, those repair cranksets Miami made? I wish I could use a CD, but not only can I not run one on this frame, but I hear they fall apart and were problematic. I wonder who tore the original off and why it's gone?..

I will follow up later with a way to adapt the Center Drive crank assembly(complete) to this frame by using spacers. The only issue that may come up is that the crankarm ends may hit the chain stays no matter which way I shift it in the BB shell. You would have to space it to the right I think, otherwise the inboard running CD ring would almost hit the seat tube!

Last edited:
Back