When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the new addition

-

zephyrblau

I live for the CABE
from the For Sale page here. represented as 1930. almost no serial number info left on the bottom bracket. I'll put a period appropriate set & post on her & swap out the stem. a set of 700C wheels & I'm going down the road. couple of mysteries to solve along the way... starting with; is this a Westfield ?

Attachments

• P1017247.JPG
    P1017247.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 69
  • P1017242.JPG
    P1017242.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P1017243.JPG
    P1017243.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
  • P1017244.JPG
    P1017244.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 77
  • P1017246.JPG
    P1017246.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 80
Yes on Westfield & if seat is original probably a 1931-1932. Seat changed in 1931 from 1930 wire chassis style Troxel. Great buy & congratulations on a great bike!!!!!!

The crank and front fork construction look like Westfield manufacture. If so serial # will tell date.

Nice! Looks like my Westfield built Davega Sports "Reggie McNamara" model, named after the famous Aussie boardtracker. It was red originally too. Sitting on balloon rims for the pic, was a 28" er.

collection3011-1.jpg

CRIM0012-1.jpg

well... I can't walk & chew gum @ the same time, but at least I can talk on the phone & type at the same time :p not sure what that means :rolleyes: sure would be nice if I could figure out which page to post to though. second time in a row I should have posted to pre-'33.

nice steal Jerry! this is the one you bought when you were on the phone with me?

Last edited:
thanks Gary... wasn't sure about the crank / chain ring. I have a star type just in case. guessing the Persons Genuine Leather sponge rubber seat is a little later. the seat post is straight. guessing that's later as well. almost none of the serial number is visible.
S 5
is about all.
now... who's got a tank for me ? :cool:

Yes on Westfield & if seat is original probably a 1931-1932. Seat changed in 1931 from 1930 wire chassis style Troxel. Great buy & congratulations on a great bike!!!!!!

almost no serial # to speak of.
can't figure out what happened w/ the truss rods. one is longer than the other & the bottom ends are brazed to the fork ends :confused:

The crank and front fork construction look like Westfield manufacture. If so serial # will tell date.

nice! i have that very stem that I will install on mine. had a chance to buy a red Troxel, but dropped the ball.
anybody ever see a rack like this one ? the perimeter has several studs like for anchoring bungie cords.

Nice! Looks like my Westfield built Davega Sports "Reggie McNamara" model, named after the famous Aussie boardtracker. It was red originally too. Sitting on balloon rims for the pic, was a 28" er.

collection3011-1.jpg

CRIM0012-1.jpg

hey some info on the 1930 elgin the guy i bought it from said his father bought it new in 1930 at a sears store in upstate n.y. a guy bought the bike a few years back but told the owner he didn't want the bike only to ship the seat. he kept it a few more years and then i bought it on ebay but had to pick it up. i stripped the brown spray paint that was on it and what was left of the factory paint came out. (nail polish remover) i thought it came out good i added the rear rack and drop stand had fun working on it but not my cup of tea. if you go to the 1933 forum page 16 2- 20 -12 there is a picture of his dad on his new bike cool tomestone chain ring any questions pm me have fun with it toby t.

Back