When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"the New Falcon" - Double Bar Frame.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Just aquired this unusual frame. It has characteristics that say "Miami Built" but then others that confuse me. Can anybody offer any clues? Some lit scans would be awesome! Badge say's "The New Falcon".... "Mfd. By H.C.Tillotson & Co. Toledo, OH."

Any association with Yost, who also had a "Falcon" from Toledo?

I think the fender (I have the rear too) are not original... they have fitment cuts that are a bit crude and home-made looking.

The New Falcon-001.jpg
The New Falcon-002.jpg
The New Falcon-003.jpg
The New Falcon-004.jpg
The New Falcon-005.jpg
The New Falcon-006.jpg
The New Falcon-007.jpg
The New Falcon-008.jpg

Doing a little Googling, it turns out that H.C. Tillotson is Harry C.... who is the name behind Tillotson Carburetors, still around today. He was a director at Stromberg Carburetors back in the teens. Anyway, there is a connection to Yost... Harry was apparently running a retail operation in Toledo, selling Yost bicycles exclusively. Perhaps in later years, he bought the company? Further reading may reveal! Ain't Google a blessing to research?

https://www.myheritage.com/research...?itemId=36526607&action=showRecord#fullscreen

Nobody has any info to add? Original paint appears to be Dove Gray, but I see no evidence of darts or pinstripes. Would be stoked to see some catalog or ad scans showing how this ole' dude was equipped!

company_rt_1.jpg

They Exhibited in St Louis 2nd annual show in 1896 ( all from The Wheel 1896 )

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 08.58.54.png

Looks like he Quit his Job at Union Cycle Mfg June 12 1896 to work at Sieg & Walpole Mfg co.

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 09.00.00.png

This is From The New Bearings 1896

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 09.09.53.png

Bearings again January 16 1896

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 09.10.22.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys, you've found more than I did! I did find references to his connection to Union and Stokes. I found a reference to him playing golf with some other big-wigs in Florida too... and apparently he was in an auto race? This guy sounds like he was living the life!

I took the crankset out of the frame, here's a pic. Anything look familiar? Strangly, the crank arms don't even clear the frame properly, as if this isn't the correct crankset for the frame.

The New Falcon - Crankset.jpg

Back