When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the old Ranger

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bought this frame last summer, I think it was 40 bucks , I can't remember, and another thing I can't recall, is where I put the chain ring. It's going to hold this project up if I don't find it.
Anyway, this frame was rusty, and had been repainted. I was told it was an Elgin frame. Badge was missing, looked like a Schwinn and it had the two wide spaced side mounting holes for the badge, which spells Ranger!!
The re-paint sort of followed the typical Ranger graphics, and i found some original Ranger brown paint{ not much] that confirmed it was indeed a Ranger.
Decided to paint Rollfast darts on the frame, and Rustolium green for the color. It will be fender-less rider.
I just put the fork on today.
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2152 (1).JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2157.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG

Very nice work, really like the darts, makes it pop. Are you going to bring a few to Memory Lane?

Could not find the chain ring for the Ranger. I think I accidentally set it on top of the newspapers and it got tossed out in the recyclables. :( I did find the crank. I have a nice original and am happy that didn't get tossed.
IMG_2258.JPG
I bought another chain ring at Memory Lane for ten bucks.
IMG_2256.JPG
There's a little rust on it, I'll try soaking it overnight in lime juice to de-rust it.
IMG_2260.JPG
Also picked up this NOS Wald axle mount kickstand for ten bucks.
IMG_2259.JPG
Not going to have fenders on this old boy so I can't use the drop stand.
There were many good deals at Memory Lane and many hard to find parts. That's what I like about going to a swap. No ebay bidding, no shipping and you get to physically hold the part before buying it.

Back