When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the old Ranger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bought this frame last summer, I think it was 40 bucks , I can't remember, and another thing I can't recall, is where I put the chain ring. It's going to hold this project up if I don't find it.
Anyway, this frame was rusty, and had been repainted. I was told it was an Elgin frame. Badge was missing, looked like a Schwinn and it had the two wide spaced side mounting holes for the badge, which spells Ranger!!
The re-paint sort of followed the typical Ranger graphics, and i found some original Ranger brown paint{ not much] that confirmed it was indeed a Ranger.
Decided to paint Rollfast darts on the frame, and Rustolium green for the color. It will be fender-less rider.
I just put the fork on today.
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2152 (1).JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2157.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG

Very nice work, really like the darts, makes it pop. Are you going to bring a few to Memory Lane?

Could not find the chain ring for the Ranger. I think I accidentally set it on top of the newspapers and it got tossed out in the recyclables. :( I did find the crank. I have a nice original and am happy that didn't get tossed.
IMG_2258.JPG
I bought another chain ring at Memory Lane for ten bucks.
IMG_2256.JPG
There's a little rust on it, I'll try soaking it overnight in lime juice to de-rust it.
IMG_2260.JPG
Also picked up this NOS Wald axle mount kickstand for ten bucks.
IMG_2259.JPG
Not going to have fenders on this old boy so I can't use the drop stand.
There were many good deals at Memory Lane and many hard to find parts. That's what I like about going to a swap. No ebay bidding, no shipping and you get to physically hold the part before buying it.

Back