When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Old Vancouver Velodrome

-

Wheeler

Finally riding a big boys bike
A recent post on TheCabe sent me down a Rabbit hole and I came back with the memories of passing by the ‘China Creek’ Velodrome as a kid in 1970s Vancouver, BC.

1608751601595.jpeg

Here’s a great link for the full history.

It was a shame how they just let it rot into the ground. My dad remembers the races there. I to use to go by it when I was a kid in the 60’s and wonder why there was never anyone on it. It was because is was already rotting away in the 60’s. Thanks for the picture and the memories

You are very welcome iceman and Dnc1.
I’m so glad it brought back a shared memory.
I know there are a few CABE members in the Vancouver BC and Washington State area and thought it would be interesting to share with the younger Vancouverites as well.

Last edited:
there is a velodrome in San Jose Ca.. made of cement and not too historical I suppose. been there since 1962 and still in use. did a time trial there back when I was young and handsome... probably 40 pounds ago.

You are very welcome iceman and Dnc1.
I’m so glad it brought back a shared memory.
I know there are a few CABE members in the Vancouver BC and Washington State area and thought it would be interesting to share with the younger Vancouverites as well.
I just love velodromes, wish we had more over here!
there is a velodrome in San Jose Ca.. made of cement and not too historical I suppose. been there since 1962 and still in use. did a time trial there back when I was young and handsome... probably 40 pounds ago.
You're never too old to give it another go!

Back