When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Oldest CL Trick in the Book!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
not sure what trick this is, this was from Craigslist. I live in kc and know the guy running the ad, no scam or tricks. hes a good guy, he's a buyer, but not at full retail. I used to run ads myself but got tired of wading thru department store bikes.

Not sure how old Craig is, but the "trick" part might be that one reads a title, and may reasonably expect that the ad is for an item for sale, and thereby gets "tricked" into clicking a link, waiting for something to load, and finding, instead of the item they were anticipating and perhaps interested in buying (or just looking), is instead a wanted ad, but the reader may not have been selling, or even been interested in selling, or interested in wanted ads at all.
Do we go to the market and ask to see others' shopping lists.

I post mine with the first word being... "WANTED" in all caps so it's right out there in the open. If they can't read and open it up, then oh well. I also click on wanted ads posted anyway to see what bikes they have examples of. Just because they are looking for bikes doesn't mean they won't sell any either.

I did this a long time ago in the "penny saver" here in town. got a few old bikes for cheap. didn't know it was an old trick. thought it was a wanted ad.
AAhhhhh the ol' "Pennysaver" whatever happened to that? That and the "Magic Ads". I used to find good stuff in the Magic Ads.
As far as posting a wanted ad in the for sale section, as long as the guy posting isn't from Nigeria and pays with a money order that's more then the asking price so you can pay the shipper, well I don't have a problem with that.

Back