When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PEDAL PUSHER Tee-Shirts (Newport Beach, CA) for 2019 !!!

-
This is a fun little project, and long overdue. Hanes Beefy Tees and Gildan shirts are going through the shrink test, though I found out that Gildan shirts are not available in more than half of the sizes and colors for 5-6 weeks - so I think they will be a no-go, and the Hanes are running a little small after a wash and dry - I will find a suitable shirt. I want you guys and girls to be satisfied with the finished product, I want to get this right.

Silk-screen artwork is coming along, just adding details a little at a time. A sneak peek:

Pedal Pusher color separations '37 Autocycle.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 11.13.19 PM.png

Last edited:
I have both brands in my size (2XL) and no eeal problems with either. Which sizes are the Gildan shirts in and maybe you can just mix the order.

You are doing a great job. I don't think anyone is in a rush. The quality of the shirt and finished project should be the first priority. If one brand is better than maybe that is the deciding factor. Along with this not being a loser for you. Thanks for the effort!

Hello @bikesnbuses,

I don't really like going off of charts displayed on a monitor, but I would say yes it looks similar, but it is called DEEP FOREST (its pretty dark), you might like the KELLY GREEN better... Here is the Hans chart:

]View attachment 1075024

I see the XXXL (3XL) size noted, I would like two, one in red (left side, fourth row) and one in blue (last row on right), please advise....
Thanks a million!

REC

In the 80's I literally bought dozens of these Pedal Pusher t-shirts. I lived in Santa Cruz at that time and every time there was a bike meet in southern California I stopped by Pedal Pusher to get some to bring back to the other bike folks in Santa Cruz-San Jose-Los Gatos. We all got together for rides and it seemed everyone was wearing one of these shirts-they were so cool-it became the official bike ride shirt! The ones who can remember the great times at the Pedal Pusher and the folks that worked there-these t-shirts have a special memory. Most of us have worn these shirts so far down that the Goodwill store won't even accept them. I have placed an order with Mike for several t-shirts. When the discussion came up about shrinkage-I took a serious look at my other t-shirts I wear regularly and have modified/upped my order size. What I have found is that the t's that fit me well are actually larger than I thought(my wife got me the next size up) because some were as Mike said-looked like sausage casings! I even joked with Mike that although I might be an xl from the chest up/the bottom half(belly area) was an easy 2xl (xxl). As most of these t's nowadays are made offshore-they tend to be on the small size-actually like a size smaller than we are use to. I'm also not one to air dry my t-shirt. It gets washed and tossed in the drier till its dry(fully cooked as Mike says). It doesn't hurt to order the next size up-after a few washings it'll be perfect or going to be at its smallest fit. If you order too small a 't' then it'll end being one to pass on to your kids or the wife can use it to dust furniture! I know Mike is going all out to make this venture a success-buying different brands of t-shirts and wearing them-multiple washings and subjecting them to the heat-shrinking home driers. Mike is doing this so as to make it the best product available. All this before the first one comes off the 'press'! Awesome!

Yeah, that’s looking really good.
A few examples of one of the other Pedal Pusher classic designs showed up at the swap meet yesterday, and they captured the feeling of the originals perfectly.
The color choices were probably way better than they were back in the day, but these shirts sure brought back the memories.

I think these will be available from, @cyclonecoaster.com
So, if you like what you see, give Frank a buzz.
I’m sure, he can help you out.

Back