When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The purist cringe.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
SNIP...to give the bike the ride of a 1974 Coupe DeVille with bad Shocks.

Back in the early 80's I took the shocks off a badly rusted '74 Caddy I had nicknamed the Poop DeVille and drove it around town to the consternation of the locals. Me and a farmer buddy decided to take it off road and trashed it in the fields. Wish I had video of it as it was hilarious fun.

Regardless, nothing until the last 5 years or so can compare with the ride of a Torsion-Level Packard.

..........Price Pfister.

No one wants to hear what you do behind closed doors, thank you.

Ask CMAN why he tossed me off of RRB.

I wondered why your name hasn't been on there after I was posting in an old thread of yours.

Those are all too dang awesome, I like all original but some people just like me can't afford the original part just the junk newer bikes and sometimes not even them when paople want too much for them.

Back in the early 80's I took the shocks off a badly rusted '74 Caddy I had nicknamed the Poop DeVille and drove it around town to the consternation of the locals. Me and a farmer buddy decided to take it off road and trashed it in the fields. Wish I had video of it as it was hilarious fun.

Regardless, nothing until the last 5 years or so can compare with the ride of a Torsion-Level Packard.

No one wants to hear what you do behind closed doors, thank you.
price pfister
haahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaha
that was a good one

Last edited:
Your correct Fleetwood.I almost forgot Dave is one of those uppity Portlanders and he's trying to teach us common folk about his faucet.I owe Dave an apology for wasting 2 minutes of my life with his rambling,educational story.I'm sorry Dave and thanks Dave for wasting another minute of my life writing this apology.

...Moen (moan) is what I do every time Dave pops up................. Kidding, he's actually been behaving himself.......hate to admit it, but I miss the old obby-noxious Dave.......

You mean by getting in the way of the fist fight that you're trying to start? And besides, the faucet is topic related, I just thought that you might need it for your bike. Now, I've had this faucet for nigh onto 25 years which is how long I lived in the house it was in. Who knows how long it had been there before that. Probably not too long, because it looks kind of modern. By modern, I mean by old guy standards. Anyhow, I'm renting out the the house now. Nice couple, but I'm having a little trouble getting them to keep up with the yardwork. Well Vince, last week I get a phone call from Brian, he's one of the tenants, a geologist. The other tenants name is Sarah, she's a nurse midwife. So anyway, Brian says to me, "Dave", he says, "We got a little problem with the kitchen faucet, it's spraying all over the place". He goes on to say that he had to remove the sprayer, and it's now workable, but by no means a permanent fix. Well, I gotta tell ya Vince, I was busy that day, and had plans for the next day as well, so figuring that it wasn't an emergency I asked Brian if maybe it would be alright If I stopped by the day after tomorrow. He thought about it for a moment, then said, "Well, I guess that will be alright." "Good", I said, and hung up the phone. Well sir, two nights come and go and now it's time to take care of that broken faucet, so I set out for Home Depot. Not seeing the faucet problem first hand and wanting to be prepared when I got to my rental, I decided to buy a sprayer ($4.95), because hopefully it would be a cheap fix. But, just in case the old faucet was actually broken, I thought it would be wise to also buy a nice looking, moderately priced American Standard faucet as well ($59). I had been warned that Glacier Bay, Home Depots house brand was not to be trusted. I heeded that warning. I paid for the items, left the store and had an uneventful half hour drive to the rental (my old house). I knocked on the door with my tools and purchases in hand. Brian wasn't there, but Sarah let me in and we had a nice little chat in the living room. I won't bore you with the details of the conversation. Then, it was on to the kitchen to take care of the problem faucet. It was apparent quite quickly that the old faucet would have to be replaced, so I cleared out everything from under the sink, turned the water off and went to work replacing the faucet. The whole thing took maybe 5 minutes and was probably the easiest job I've ever tackled. When the whole thing was over, I glanced down at the old faucet in my hand and read the letters M-O-E-N. So, in answer to your question, Yes, the faucet is indeed a MOEN. The unused sprayer was returned the same day for a full refund.

I don't actually have anything to say in response to the above quote, but I thought that it caused such a stir the first time around that I'd rekindle it again :cool:

isn't that why there's a section called "customs" on here? I LIKE IT!

Back