When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Quail Motorcycle Gathering - Extraordinary Bicycle Category

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
This is the first year that they have had a bicycle category, and it is so close to me that I thought I should go and maybe take a few bikes. Well, after checking the requirements, they are charging to show, which I have never experienced before, and especially not $150 for the first ride and more if you want to show more. They said I could bring one of my vintage electric cars for free to show, but the bikes will cost, so I am going to just bring one bike and check it out. I have presented the 1904 Racycle Racer for show and now I am
racycle04.jpg
waiting to hear back whether I made the cut or not. It should be an interesting event and I will take pictures of all the bicycles shown, she said 11 the other day, and will post up if I make the cut.

http://signatureevents.peninsula.com/en/motorcycle/motorcycle.html

The Racycle was accepted as an entrant, and now that the event is over, I have some photos for you. The showing of motorcycles was impressive, well over 300+ motorcycles, plus the hundreds of motorcycles that were outside the event. As far as bicycles, it was the first year for the Extraordinary Bicycles category, and it showed, there were only 5 bikes. My 1904 Racycle; 1901 Clipper Light Roadster; 70's Evel Knievel 20"; Schwinn Clipper(won the category). and another tank bike that was ignorable(see my photos). I entered to late to be judged, so no prize for the Racycle. There were some other bikes in the field, a collection of 13 different 70's bikes(weird), and a couple of futuristic Specialized bikes. That was it for bicycles, and based on that sad showing, I might have to step-up next year and bring a collection to represent. I can do 20+ from 1895 - 1973, and it will look good.
There was one other cool category, pre-1913 motorcycles, which was awesome, check my pictures of the Racycle, York, Flying Merkel & Harley Davidson, the bikes were great, if you got real close to them you could smell that great old smell. The sign photo was just one of the whole alphabet of motorcycle manufacturers signs that they displayed throughout the pre-1913 bikes, each one with its own unique photo, nice job.
The lunch was good, the T-shirt is nice, and we were able to park on the golf course very close to the entrance, and there was a free Marianne's ice cream booth. The bad was that the beers were $8, Margaritas or Bloody's for $12, and when I picked up my bike at 4pm at the end of the show, after being gone for a couple of hours, no one said poop to me as I wheeled out the Racycle. There was security, and event staff everywhere, but not one person confirmed that I was the one who should be taking the bike, I should have gone back for Roadster!

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6696.JPG

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_6701.jpg

IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6699.JPG

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.jpg

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6713.JPG

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6711.JPG

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

I see a Columbia F9T (a repo bike), a jacked up Monark, your bike, the Evel bike and the Clipper. What this tells me as long as you were willing to pay the $150 anything was acceptable. This event would be cool for the motorcycles but unless others, such as yourself, bring out some quality machinery I'd leave my bike(s) at home. I take a few bikes out each month to Coffee and Cars in Augusta, GA (free) and get positive feedback all morning long! V/r Shawn

I see a Columbia F9T (a repo bike), a jacked up Monark, your bike, the Evel bike and the Clipper. What this tells me as long as you were willing to pay the $150 anything was acceptable. This event would be cool for the motorcycles but unless others, such as yourself, bring out some quality machinery I'd leave my bike(s) at home. I take a few bikes out each month to Coffee and Cars in Augusta, GA (free) and get positive feedback all morning long! V/r Shawn

I caught the repro Columbia also. I figured someone else would. Huh. Makes me wonder. Also just saw this post was 3 years old.

Last edited:
Back