When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Robin has flown

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's heart breaking... what a wonderful bike - ah, another Elgin. For the sake of us newbies, who is the year of that bike... I'd like to add it to my "one can dream" list.

Wow Chris that’s a heart breaking story. The only way it could be worse, would be if this guy got the bike. Just take out the words old folks and add your name.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?38963-Best-Barn-Find-ever-!
I feel your pain,
John

True, reminds me of what I consider my personal motto for life that I got from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, He's been carried into atmosphere by some helium balloons and is lamenting his situation. Then he sees a jet coming and realizes that he is possibly going to get sucked into the jet intake and he says "That's the funny thing about life, its never so bad that it can't get worse." I'll stop crying like a little bitch now, My wife is heartless, this morning she was singing "Its not your Robin but you can cry if you want to, cry if you want to, cry if you want to, Wayne didn't cry though when he sold it to you. bumb bumb bumb bumb ba."

Last edited:
You have one of the coolest names on this site, but maybe there is a reason you didn't choose bikehoarder.
Chris

You have one of the coolest names on this site, but maybe there is a reason you didn't choose bikehoarder.
Chris

Its true I'm a pathetic excuse for a hoarder, half the great bikes in my gallery are long gone. BTW my favorite user ID is "rear facing dropout"

i feel your pain. not often have i had buyers remorse, but sellers remorse many times. that was a great bike, a lot of character and patina which i like. i would have bought that bike in a heart beat. a robins on my list as its one ive never had. little advice from an old guy. a rare bike you love beats the dozens of junkers you drag home, less is more. again speaking from experience. good luck in the hunt which is where the fun is

....My wife is heartless, this morning she was singing "Its not your Robin but you can cry if you want to, cry if you want to, cry if you want to, Wayne didn't cry though when he sold it to you. bumb bumb bumb bumb ba."

Tell your wife I approve! :D

!

I am going to say this the nicest way I can . You are a crazy nutbar. This bike is number 1 on my list of must have bikes at the moment . If I had not bought two meads a westfield and a toc the day before I would be the new owner because I would of been all over it. I hope the new owner leaves it og. All that being said maybe you got some brownie points on your elgin karma .

Wow Chris that’s a heart breaking story. The only way it could be worse, would be if this guy got the bike. Just take out the words old folks and add your name.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?38963-Best-Barn-Find-ever-!
I feel your pain,
John

As far as deals go you've made a decent choice. As John has pointed out, it could be worse, you could have sold it to someone who wheedled it out of you and then blew it apart all over the web.
I've made poor deals on bikes just to see that they went somewhere safe. Your choice was easy, you made a good deal and the bike was saved. Now go out, and let this deal guide you into finding a bike you can love and keep at the same time!
If I'm not mistaken there is probably a Skylark in your Robins future to keep it company. :rolleyes:

Back