When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The S-7 wheel; How True?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just wondering, In you all's, opinion on how true a Center-Stamped 26 inch S-7 (front wheel) should be? I know that a perfect rim and a truing stand or front fork with caliper brakes are perfect elements. But that's not the elements that I possess. I replaced the spokes, because the original ones were so rusted, that turning the nipple was just turning the entire spoke or snapping the spoke in two.
As you can see in the photo
20180101_103458.jpeg
that rim has a curb (or something else ) ding, as well as smaller ones next to it. My middleweight is a coaster brake rig , so no front brakes. I did use the zip tie method. I have about 3 mm lateral runout, and 1 to maybe 2 mm.
Sorry for the long dissertation.{ COFFEE GOOD }..Thanks

I have seen new factory rims that had bad welds that were that bad...they are like a box of chocolates.

I think you are close enough.I have had wheels I trued up with and indicator run perfectly true.I recheck them after I put on the tire and adjust again. Its not necessary but I was a machinist and like doing that.lol

I think you are close enough.I have had wheels I trued up with and indicator run perfectly true.I recheck them after I put on the tire and adjust again. Its not necessary but I was a machinist and like doing that.lol
Thanks, I read that the acceptable lateral tolerance on a road bike was 0.5 mm...not on my road machine

.5 mm = 0.019685 in. When I was teaching science to 7th graders and introducing them to the metric system, I used to tell them that their fingernails were 1 mm thick. That means that the tolerance on a road bike is about half the thickness of a kids fingernail. Way too far out for me! :eek:

Back