When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Schwinn fender-set game

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Whats up fellow Cabers....
How about we play a jolly little game of name-that-schwinn-fender-set!

I have amassed a massive collection of fenders over my years doing this and Im at the point where I want to start identifying some of the more prominent ones. I know there is a decent grouping of early Wasp fenders in there as well but here are 3 I want to lock down.

Set #1---The Green set
I thought originally these could be early Autocycle (non-springer) fenders since the trim arrangement matches them and so does the long-dent front fender and small dent rear, BUT there is not hole for any kind of light on the front fender.

Set #2---The Red set
This set is a deeper medium-dent front fender with duck tail/small dent rear.

Set #3----The cleared black set
Unfortunately I could'nt get to this set before a buddy clear coated but it can be removed if I so choose. This set is my favorite because its a double-dent front fender (spring fork arrangement) duck-tailed with a small dent rear. The front also has top mount holes for a light/ornament.

fender pile.jpg

green set.jpg

red set.jpg

cleared set.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Should I move this to the Classic Balloon Tire section? Thought this would be an easy one....

There might be a Monark set in there too.
I should know the others since most of of my bikes are Schwinn.
Good luck!

The black clear coated set is for an early 50's Hornet, and possibly other models like the 55 Streamliner and Starlet.

1608448690528.png

Last edited:
Back