When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Second Annual "The Twelve Bikes Of Christmas" (A CABE Advent Calendar)

-
last entry... last shelby...

photo credits to secret Shelby admirer - 37Fleetwood

IMG_1687_zps72763b23-1.jpg

Doug ... here is what that bike looked like when it was shipped .....

I got this one that came through Greyhound this year ... wrapped & ready for Christmas ....

attachment.php

Well under the green facade of a "packed cocoon" Greyhound shipped bicycle is that bike Doug ... I had to unwrap it at the local Greyhound station to get it in the van ... the packing materials filled 3 or 4 garbage cans at the station & was unharmed in shipping ... the seller took off the handlebars & the seat & wrapped it up ...

Flash rusted blue with red accents & white pins ... even though in the pics it's brown - well flash rust ... the aluminum fenders have faint original red painted tips with blue pins .. stainless tank was in good shape .. greased up the bearings when I went through it ... rides like new ... a great shot by Scott at the lighthouse stop across from the Queen Mary at one of the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday rides mid last year ... maybe I'll ride it to this years "2014 Shelby Invasion" which will be on the July CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride ...

Happy New Year to everyone & thanks for another great year in the hobby ... Ride Vintage ... Frank

Back