When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

-

chiller662

Finally riding a big boys bike
First day I assessed what needs to be clean :no I will not be painting this and I am waiting on parts to complete the bike .

It's not to bad for sitting and a barn /garage for decades

If anyone knows if the Roadmaster emblem is brass or supposed to be chrome it would be much appreciated

I started with the rear wheel and hub due to it being so dirty that it was stuck and also If I can find bearings they will be replaced or at the very least cleaned and repacked with grease.

I started with cleaning them with dawn first to brake up some of the crude than I had to use mineral spirits for the rest. There was no rust on the hub what so ever that it was that shiny just from cleaning it the actual rim of the wheel however did. I used aluminum foil dipped in water. There was a choice of using quad Ott steel wool or the aluminum but in knew the aluminum would pull the rust and won't scratch the surface. So far it turned out good but I will use same wax on it to protect it .

Next was the pedal assembly with the same process but I did not want to use the mineral spirits with it being so close to the paint . It still needs work but I will be pulling it off to finish cleaning it off . And yes I know it's a dark picture lol

That was the last part for the day to clean ,well technically I did clean the front fender it turned out well and I would have taken a picture but I took it to work to straighten the mounting bars .

Hopefully this week I will have the bearings and tires but I have to get to cleaning the front storage rack and the rest of the chrome .

Any suggestions on the emblem or brining stickers on the bike back would be a help .

IMG_20210612_110001155.jpg

Finally got the tires on and I am still working on the front fender still as well as a new chain. so far so good . I can't wait for more parts to come in. 1435851

Don't mind the grease on the tire me and my grease gun had a fight .

Also if anyone has a lead on someone selling the correct cargo rack let me know.

Back