When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

-
As far as I know komet made hubs for some murrys mostly mountain bikes and multiple other bikes the hub is a reverse screw type where when peddleing backwards it tightens Wich forces out the pads. They should work fine on your bike as long as it is the same spoke count they are interchangable. It has a different style grease fitting than I have seen on it that you have to use a rubber fitting adapter for but not to bad.

As far as I know komet made hubs for some murrys mostly mountain bikes and multiple other bikes the hub is a reverse screw type where when peddleing backwards it tightens Wich forces out the pads. They should work fine on your bike as long as it is the same spoke count they are interchangable. It has a different style grease fitting than I have seen on it that you have to use a rubber fitting adapter for but not to bad.
Im not the Original Poster but that's good info. Thanks.
At least I know it came on that Space Liner bike and isn't an earlier harder to find version pirated off an older model.

Finally got the tires on and I am still working on the front fender still as well as a new chain. so far so good . I can't wait for more parts to come in. View attachment 1435851
View attachment 1435852

View attachment 1435853
Don't mind the grease on the tire me and my grease gun had a fight .

Also if anyone has a lead on someone selling the correct cargo rack let me know.
This is one nice old Roadmaster... I need to know if you have a rear fender coming? I might have one if you need one. Good looking bike so far. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

Oilit is supposed to sell me the chain guard and the rear fender when he heads up to my for another bike but if for some reason that falls though I will let you know still need the rear rack but I might have to run it with out for now lol.

The G probably stands for Gambles.
A Gambles-sold bike would be badged as a Hiawatha. According to Phil Marshall's list, they started using "G" to mark the year on the bikes in 1957, although the catalog model numbers used a letter for each year from at least 1953. AMF bought CWC in 1951, so I assume 1951 was "A", then 1952 was "B" and so on. Before 1957 the bikes used "55Cw" (1955) and "56Cw" for at least part of 1956, but sometime during the year they started using "F" beside the serial number. After 1957 they went to another system, with the first letter of the serial number giving the year. There's a whole thread on CWC and AMF serials with 60 pages, but @rustjunkie changed the title to give the page with the chart so you don't have to read through the whole thing:

Back