When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
They do, just type in Jet pilot tank decals on fee bay and a guy out in Utah makes these decals. I bought 2 from this guy and are a dead ringer to the originals and their cheaper than you might think. Good luck.. Razin...
These are the only ones I found if you saw the other style please link it to me 1441375

I took her out for her first ride today and it drives like a dream. Two questions though what are you guys using to protect the chrome, and has anyone used bleach white on their grips to remove the yellowing if not what could I use?
View attachment 1442263

View attachment 1442264

View attachment 1442265

View attachment 1442266
Turtle Wax Chrome polish and rust remover works well for removing rust and protecting the chrome.. I use WD-40 for the grips and even removes grease and grim from your wide whites too. Good stuff Maynard... Razin.

For grips, I have had limited luck with the white or ivory colors. If the grips can be removed without damaging them, they can be soaked alternately in chlorine bleach or white vinegar. The vinegar helps loosen any rust but can etch the vinyl as a reducing agent. The bleach does not seem to harm poly vinyl chloride (pvc) grips yet seems to allow rust stains to bleed to the rest of the grip. Scrubbing with a tooth brush inside and out after soaking seems to help.

Some people might prefer the aged ivory looks over bright white new grips?

I soaked some grungy white grips in undiluted Simple Green for a couple of days then used some liquid Barkeepers Friend and a soft toothbrush to get them white again.
As for the chrome parts I use Flitz to polish them. If the chrome had any rust then I use 0000 steel wool and WD40, wipe the chrome clean, polish with Flitz then wipe on a light coating of boiled linseed oil and let it dry overnight. I did this in my 46 Rollfast chrome that had surface rust when I bought it October last year and the chrome looks spotless over a year later.

Back