When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Swing Bike For Jerry's Kids! Great History!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
The lady I got this from won it New from The Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon. All who had a home carnival for donations back then had their name put in a pot. One swing Bike was given away to one winner from every state that year!
The bike is super dirty from storage all these years, but in really nice OG condition!!!

Below is the letter she included with the bike!

"In 1975 or 76, I had a muscular dystrophy carnival to raise money for muscular dystrophy that would be counted at the MDA Telethon on Labor Day each year. That particular year, the Swing Bike had come out and Donny Osmond had been doing promos for it on the "Donny & Marie Show". So he went on the telethon and demonstrated how it worked and they announced they would give these out across the country (1 per state) to kids that had had telethons. We lived in ------------, KS but we had a friend who lived in Wichita, at the time. She heard my name announced as the winner for Kansas and connected my Mom and that is how I got my bright green swing bike. I never did tricks on it but it's the only thing I ever won, so that was pretty cool."

20190630_160713.jpg

lol, I remember that bike. We went back and forth about when they became middleweights or straightbars? Cool bike. I have a ‘56 girls Hornet M/W. Been looking for a mate to it for years.

Swing bikes are cool. I never saw one ‘till I joined here. I remember a couple of home made versions in my neighborhood

Back