eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Something that I've learned about myself after several recent rehabs is that I really like bringing rusty abandoned wrecks back to life. It's really rewarding for me. It is definitely more of a challenge to take a bike that may be a 3 or 4 and turn it into a 6 than it is to take a bike from a 7 to an 8 or equivalent. I really enjoy riding a bike that at one point may have been looked at as nothing more than scrap metal. I can kinda feel the bike purring underneath me as I ride.

Threespeedmafia

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nice job! I found a rusty, step-through at a bike co-op in their “sell as is” pile. They rehab and sell many bikes but anything requiring too much work is sold as is. Of course I was enamored with the duplex fork, but when I pulled the door open on the chain case and saw that beautiful chain ring, I knew she was coming home with me. She was a lot of work but she rides so easy and smooth. I added the mudguards and my son was determined to use a quadrant shifter.
EA5A7F5C-30E5-4422-BBC4-F2CE5A81795E.jpeg

338C7B71-B394-47EA-9DD3-0BEFA8D17D1C.jpeg

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nice job! I found a rusty, step-through at a bike co-op in their “sell as is” pile. They rehab and sell many bikes but anything requiring too much work is sold as is. Of course I was enamored with the duplex fork, but when I pulled the door open on the chain case and saw that beautiful chain ring, I knew she was coming home with me. She was a lot of work but she rides so easy and smooth. I added the mudguards and my son was determined to use a quadrant shifter.View attachment 1478796

View attachment 1478797
Awesome! Love that badge! Look how well it's retained those colors. Beautiful machine.

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nice job! I found a rusty, step-through at a bike co-op in their “sell as is” pile. They rehab and sell many bikes but anything requiring too much work is sold as is. Of course I was enamored with the duplex fork, but when I pulled the door open on the chain case and saw that beautiful chain ring, I knew she was coming home with me. She was a lot of work but she rides so easy and smooth. I added the mudguards and my son was determined to use a quadrant shifter.View attachment 1478796

View attachment 1478797
Is there a date on the hub? With the quadrant shifter, I'm guessing '40s maybe?

Threespeedmafia

Look Ma, No Hands!
Is there a date on the hub? With the quadrant shifter, I'm guessing '40s maybe?
Sorry, it is a mid fifties. The hub had mud in the oil port and the original trigger shifter was toast. I rebuilt the hub and had a quadrant shifter laying around and my son insisted on using it instead of using a more modern trigger. Even though we zig-zagged the cable, I think it still gives the bars a less cluttered look.

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sorry, it is a mid fifties. The hub had mud in the oil port and the original trigger shifter was toast. I rebuilt the hub and had a quadrant shifter laying around and my son insisted on using it instead of using a more modern trigger. Even though we zig-zagged the cable, I think it still gives the bars a less cluttered look.
No need to apologize, you did an excellent job bringing that bike back.