When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Tour …OMG..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Agreed! I've been to a few Pro road races & like you've said, you spend all day picking/getting to your spot. A huge flash of color flies by with some cars & motos and it's over.

With today's tech, I would think streaming the race from your spot on the course would be the ultimate way to watch. You get to see the run up to your spot, the flash of the peloton, then what happens after! Bonus: hanging out & meeting those around you with same interests!🍻

Often the best stage to see more of the race is to be in Paris for the final stage, at least you get to see the peleton go past in a colourful blur more than once.
But getting close to the finish line in Paris is going to cost you; it's pretty much a VIP/corporate shindig/pay through the nose affair unfortunately.
And of course on every stage there is also the publicity/promotional caravan that precedes the race every day; hundreds of crazy vehicles with people throwing free stuff at you - think parade floats that travel at 50 mph!!!!!
This definitely extends and adds to the whole spectacle.

I've never witnessed a mountain stage in person, but I would love to. At least the riders are slower and in vision for a longer time.

I admire your dedication @cyclingday, my partner also thinks I'm crazy to watch every stage live, but at least this only ties up the afternoon for me!

Dudes and ladies…. Just so happens i was home sick…. June 26 2021… had strep throat… though it was c19…. Anyhey I saw that the tour was on tv… i like bicyles and tv… so ya know..I watched that crazy lady step too far onto the road..with a sign… we all know what ensued from that … can’t take it back step! So… I found my phone.. although it could be called nearly anything now… and went straight away to the cabe… starting this amazing thread… ok.. months went bye and I forgot my password..🤔 my wife likes to watch me struggle with that kinda stuff… well I’m getting better with online stuff… reset my password… and was blown away with the attention that simple expression i had on that day has received! I’m a slow roll dude and apparently I posted this thread in the wrong forum??? If that makes any sense? But i feel great about all the very detailed info you will find here! I’m proud of ya’ll for keeping me up on “the tour”… I feel it now! Bill in bama! P.S… I do have a sweet road bike for sale…

Last edited:
Thanks Bill!!

Personally, I think it is/would be cool to keep piling on this thread every year to keep from having several. Maybe in 100 years this will be a collectable thread with all the updates/history!🤓

At least it will be easy for us folks near the age of memory loss to find next year....😂

Back