When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I lost my marbles and went overboard. Please don't shun me

Screenshot_20210406-073031_Gallery.jpg

So I've been working on my Spaceliner for a while. I'm not worried about perfection on this one but this is really bothering me. The chain guard paint is really splotchy or faded in spots. It actually looked better when it was filthy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to pull out the color and make it more consistent? I thought about clear coating it but not sure if it would do anything.
IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

So I've been working on my Spaceliner for a while. I'm not worried about perfection on this one but this is really bothering me. The chain guard paint is really splotchy or faded in spots. It actually looked better when it was filthy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to pull out the color and make it more consistent? I thought about clear coating it but not sure if it would do anything.
The spotting is from points of rust beneath the paint, correct? I don't have a definitive answer to how to deal with that, but have you tried soaking in Evapo-Rust? It's non-destructive to paint and it might be able to get at, and remove, the rust. I've soaked painted items in it before, with good results.

Best to test it on a small area first just to be safe. I soaked a badly rusted battery box in it, once, and because the rust was the only thing the paint was bonded to the paint came off as well once the rust was dissolved. It wasn't an issue, as I needed to repaint the battery box anyway, but best to play it safe with your chainguard.

Last edited:
Back